Sign in with
Your question

Palit GTX460 graphic issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2012 7:13:14 AM

I have had this problem for a long time and now I decided to ask here. Please read the whole text before answering. Thanks in advance.

Ok so let's start. First time this happened like half year ago when I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. I was normallly ingame and no fps drops or lags at all. Then suddenly my screen froze and came full of different colored pixels. The sounds get also crappy and messy. Then I got a black screen and the only thing I can do is to go Task Manager and stop Battlefield Bad Company 2.
This has happened also while playing other games like Combat Arms and Battlefield 3. But usually when running harder games like the newest Battlefield series, not that much with Combat Arms.

I sent the whole PC to warrantyservice and they found that graphic card was broken/dead and they replaced the graphic card. First it seemed to work fine, but then I started to crash again. This time I didn't have the warranty anymore.
I have also installed newest drivers and tried older drivers.

I found many similar topics in the internet but it seems that there isn't any solution :(  Since the card is replaced the issue can't be the graphic card.

http://forums.nvidia...howtopic=205815

I found that topic from Nvidia forums. That guy changed the RAM Voltage option in BIOS and that seemed to work for him. I'm afraid of changing the settings in BIOS because it can mess up the whole PC.

My PC specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom ll x4
Motherboard: Asus M4A77T
HDD: Samsungs HD103UJ 1TB
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX460 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 4 GB DDR3

Sorry, the text might be a bit messy. Ask anything if needed.

Thanks for reading, I'd really appreciate if someone with more computer skills would answer here. Thank you.
January 21, 2012 7:23:08 AM

Looks like its artifacting, or over heating. Get msi afterburner and play a game and report back with temps.
January 21, 2012 8:08:58 AM

Looks like a bad design or temperature issue like amuffin said, I think you should geta replacement of eVGA brand :D .
Related resources
January 21, 2012 10:14:57 AM

amuffin said:
Looks like its artifacting, or over heating. Get msi afterburner and play a game and report back with temps.

I did it and 83 celsius when the game crashed
January 23, 2012 2:30:32 AM

refillable said:
Looks like a bad design or temperature issue like amuffin said, I think you should geta replacement of eVGA brand :D .

I won't buy a new card before being sure that it's card's fault. Because if it isn't card's fault, I just "wasted" 150-250 euros for a new card. GTX460 is great for me, at least at the moment, so I don't need a new card yet.
February 2, 2012 11:12:02 AM

This happened to me mate a little while ago whilst playing Saints Row: The Third. It turned out to be a driver issue and it's okay now.

However, it may be related to heat; what's your airflow in your case like?

It could be your cpu, whats the cooling on that like?
!