Problem with installations on new build

lpoet

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I'm working on a new build, and after installing several things successfully (Windows 7, Office 2010, Adobe CS5.5, etc) I started experiencing super slow install speeds. It started with a download file (itunes), and then continued while trying to install Nero 11 Platinum (working 16 hours before I finally cancelled out of the install). Everything else seems to be running and working perfectly. I ran a benchmark and it doesn't show any problems. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Here are the specs:

Intel i7-2700K processor
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard
Kingston 120GB SSD as primary on SATA 3.0
2 1T Barracuda hard drives configured in RAID as data drive on SATA 2.0
16GB RAM

Any help would be much appreciated!

lpoet

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
The first issue I had was with a download, so I don't think it's just the Nero cd. The SSD does not have a firmware update either. All of the software was installed within a 24 hour period of time. The iTunes download stalled 4 times before I was finally able to get it to download. Nero still hasn't finished.

Ouch, could be your mobo or the SSD. If the download was slow, network (drivers).
Do you have all the latest driver for your devices? Not just the ones on the mobo install CD, but from each manufacture?

I know it's more work, but I'd secure erase the SSD, and start over.

Did you do any SSD Tweaks? Do these before you start installing anything.