What kind of performance would be expected of 2x 6770's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetswag

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127599

14-127-599-TS

What graphics card (high end) would they be equal to? They should surpass a 6870 I assume with them having 800 stream processors and the 6870 only having 1120.

Solution
It will outperform 6870 and have the same performance level as the 6950 1GB card in some cases that the Application copes well with the Crossfire Configuration. But in games that doesn't cope at all with the crossfire, you will not even see an 'upgrade' from your single 6770 configuration. So, it's better to research your games first before proceeding. But anyway, in my opinion getting 6870 and then crossfire it later is a better option than this, since 6770 is a mid-range card.

By the way, I like how you post picture of your card here, it's a really really nice idea to do that and I haven't seen them before in tomshardware :D.

Also make sure you have an enough power supply in case you want an HD 6870 crossfired, if no you must...

That all depends. On some titles, crossfire may not even be as fast as a single card. I would recommend just selling one and getting a faster single card, assuming you're looking to add one to an existing system.

It will outperform 6870 and have the same performance level as the 6950 1GB card in some cases that the Application copes well with the Crossfire Configuration. But in games that doesn't cope at all with the crossfire, you will not even see an 'upgrade' from your single 6770 configuration. So, it's better to research your games first before proceeding. But anyway, in my opinion getting 6870 and then crossfire it later is a better option than this, since 6770 is a mid-range card.

By the way, I like how you post picture of your card here, it's a really really nice idea to do that and I haven't seen them before in tomshardware :D.

Also make sure you have an enough power supply in case you want an HD 6870 crossfired, if no you must upgrade it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.