Sign in with
Your question

AC'97 Audio Help!

Last response: in CPUs
July 11, 2012 12:51:11 AM

Hello,
I own a Antec Eleven Hundred:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That has a smart audio plug, which has Intel Audio HD
Manual:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:h1iyn_t-lGEJ...

When I plug it into my motherboard, it does not give me audio in the front panel jacks from the case, since the case supports AC'97 and the Audio HD, I figured into changing it into Ac'97 and see if I get audio that way.

My mother board is the Z77 Asrock Extreme 4

More about : audio

a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2012 1:17:15 AM

It looks like your connector is at the bottom, left of your MB, that looks like the pins below. Is that where you're connecting the front panel case cable?
... .
m
l
July 11, 2012 3:46:42 AM

cmichael138 said:
It looks like your connector is at the bottom, left of your MB, that looks like the pins below. Is that where you're connecting the front panel case cable?
... .

Yes, I have also check the BIOS and have Installed the new drivers but I can not get audio to work by the life of me!! I'm just going to plug them in the back I guess. Do you have tips or did you encounter any problem when you made your first built, regarding audio?
Here is a screen shot of the Audio Manager, if your interested.

Based on other forums, I'm not the only having this problem.

Also, I have seen many threads where people have been able to fix there problem by clicking on a yellow folder in the manager, but you see I don't have that folder, the fix apparently is disabling audio jack sensing or something like that.

If you have Realtek or the manager and have a fix, please inform me of it. Thank you.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 3:48:29 AM

Do any of your audio controllers in Device Manager have a yellow question mark beside them?
m
l
July 12, 2012 3:58:00 AM

cmichael138 said:
Do any of your audio controllers in Device Manager have a yellow question mark beside them?

nope.
m
l
!