Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD Phenom II x4 Idle Temp. too High?

Last response: in CPUs
July 11, 2012 2:57:25 AM

Before any of this, I just want to say that I am a temperature FREAK. So sorry if that shows a lot during this.

I recently installed my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz, and I applied Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste.

At idle, I run at 33C-34C. This seems a bit high of an idle for a non-overclocked CPU. When I thought this over, I realized that I left out my CPU and heatsink for about a day and a half with the thermal paste applied, and then still used the same thermal paste.

So, is this just a normal temperature, or did I dry out the thermal paste and it's running a bit warm?
a c 185 à CPUs
July 11, 2012 3:36:11 AM

How much paste did you put?

Idle temps don't matter,what are LOAD temps?
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2012 3:37:03 AM

Kizika said:
Before any of this, I just want to say that I am a temperature FREAK. So sorry if that shows a lot during this.

I recently installed my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz, and I applied Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste.

At idle, I run at 33C-34C. This seems a bit high of an idle for a non-overclocked CPU. When I thought this over, I realized that I left out my CPU and heatsink for about a day and a half with the thermal paste applied, and then still used the same thermal paste.

So, is this just a normal temperature, or did I dry out the thermal paste and it's running a bit warm?

To me that sounds fine. I see nothing wrong with a CPU at idle running at 33 degrees.
m
l
Related resources
July 11, 2012 3:53:01 AM

amuffin said:
How much paste did you put?

Idle temps don't matter,what are LOAD temps?

I haven't been able to get it at a high load yet, is there a program that allows me to test that?
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2012 4:00:26 AM

Yes look up and download Prime 95.
m
l
July 11, 2012 4:38:23 AM

Can't seem to get it past 55C-56C. So I guess I am running pretty cool.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 11, 2012 5:27:56 AM

That is perfectly fine for a pii
July 23, 2012 4:09:41 AM

Best answer selected by Kizika.
m
l
!