Sign in with
Your question

Newegg processing time

Last response: in Systems
March 28, 2012 1:49:53 AM

Hey guys im having trouble with orders over 500 dollars from newegg, anything under 500 dollars processes and ships right away, anything above is hangin around in processing!

placed an order for 400 on saturday that passed shipped have it already. awesome!

placed order on sunday morning for 600 stuck in processing, cancelled this order today around 5 pm.

placed an order for 20 dollars around 5:15 pm that cleared processing and is being packaged right away,

then placed an order with the same parts as earlier 600 dollar order, and this one is still processing =[ maybe because its closing time for them and they will get it first thing in the morning?

but why didnt my first 600 dollar order process from sunday (its now tuesday), maybe i cancelled it to early but dam son I did choose rush processing from sunday morning at 830a.m granted yea they dont operate then but 830 monday, 830 tuesday, should have been rushed a little in between there.

More about : newegg processing time

March 28, 2012 1:53:13 AM

So now im debating if this doesnt clear by tomorrow morning around noon for the "new" order, if i should cancel the order again and break it down to two smaller 300 dollar orders (3 parts) then (4 parts)....im just worried my bank will get charged sometime in here and ill charge my self 600 twice on accident and deal with getting that cleared up.
m
l
March 28, 2012 3:19:32 AM

What are you purchasing? The problem may be that they have to find the parts and they may be coming from different locations (Newegg has different warehouses).

I've never used rush processing and have had everything ship within 1-2 days of ordering it. It's not necessarily an instant process.

If it doesn't ship for a few days, call Newegg and see what's up. Their customer service is quite helpful.
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2012 4:02:03 AM

boiler1990 said:
What are you purchasing? The problem may be that they have to find the parts and they may be coming from different locations (Newegg has different warehouses).

I've never used rush processing and have had everything ship within 1-2 days of ordering it. It's not necessarily an instant process.

If it doesn't ship for a few days, call Newegg and see what's up. Their customer service is quite helpful.

parts for a whole new build, I got my case, psu, mobo, and disk drive already. the other parts were included in the order I cancelled because it was hung up in order verification, so thinking i havent been charged yet (hoping) , I placed a new order for these same parts hoping it passes verification faster first thing tomrrow morning.

idk what else to do. really hope i havent been charged for the order i cancelled, everything has lead me to believe i have not been charged yet including an email from csr and talking to them on the phone I dont think i have been charged (all indications on order status page said i was in order verification and could make changes to the order still the cancel button was still available... so lets hope tonights order goes through faster too
m
l
March 28, 2012 4:03:31 AM

if my card wasnt charged, and this new order doesnt pass verification fast im going to cancel again and break the order down into 2 smaller ones thinking its orders over 500 causing the problem.
m
l
March 28, 2012 4:14:05 AM

Just had this problem last week, I called and complained (it says on their website they process and ship in 24-48 hours, it had been 5 days). Anyways, I talked to a manager and complained about it, she ended up processing it through right away, refunding my shipping fees and upgrading me to overnight, and giving me a 50$ credit. She said that for everything over 500$, they have to call the your bank and verify who you are. Something for privacy purposes.
m
l
March 28, 2012 4:20:31 AM

yea im guessing i should cancell this again before they open, and place two smaller orders for them to verify easier and faster. what do you guys think? am i at risk of being charged for my 1st order this 2nd order then 2 smaller orders haha or do you guys think im in the clear and should do this for them to sort out first thing a.m
m
l
March 28, 2012 4:40:18 AM

Rush processing is a waste of money.
m
l
March 28, 2012 4:50:57 AM

artiqe said:
Rush processing is a waste of money.

strongly agreed at this point,

but on a plus side my card was not charged yet, got done with live chat he said he will flag the order to be processed sooner, waiting for tomorrow around 3pm to see if it clears verification, if not cancelling confirming my card wasnt charged again, then breaking it into 2 orders under 500, thinking its orders abouve 500 still causing delayed procesisng issues because they have to contact my bank.
m
l
March 28, 2012 6:25:33 AM

Seems like cancelling your order is cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of deal. You should have called or e-mailed before cancelling. Newgg has always been helpful to me.
m
l
!