Sign in with
Your question

Microstutter on dual 6970s

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2012 2:33:07 PM

Today i got my new cpu and motherboard, a 2600k and an Asrock fatal1ty z68, and i have some extreme microtutter issues in battlefield 3. I tested the 11.12 driver with cap 2, 12.1 preview drivers, did a software rebuild, then installed the 11.12 and cap 2 again, still micro stuttering. I want/need this fixed because battlefield 3 is currently my favouright game, and i cant play it properly with this microstutter
January 21, 2012 3:03:38 PM

Can you describe what you are seeing more than calling it microstuttering? The majority of the time someone claims microstuttering, it's not microstuttering at all.

If your FPS do not dip and are over 40 FPS, yet feels choppy, that sounds like microstuttering, but if your FPS drop when you feel the choppiness, then it's something else.
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:28:35 PM

bystander said:
Can you describe what you are seeing more than calling it microstuttering? The majority of the time someone claims microstuttering, it's not microstuttering at all.

If your FPS do not dip and are over 40 FPS, yet feels choppy, that sounds like microstuttering, but if your FPS drop when you feel the choppiness, then it's something else.

fraps the the battlefield 3 fps counter are constantly showing 60fps (i have tried vsync on and off and with it on it was a tiny bit better). the framerate looks like its about 23fps. its not just ocasionally, its the entire time, it doesnt change no matter what
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2012 3:36:41 PM

That does sound like microstuttering. Does this happen on any other game, or only BF3?
m
l
January 21, 2012 4:01:32 PM

try updating the game and disabling fxaa.
m
l
January 21, 2012 5:28:09 PM

microstuttering chances increase in AMD cards but anyway BF3 has its own issue too because you are the not of them there many people suffering from this issue whether they have NVIDIA or AMD.
m
l
January 21, 2012 6:27:24 PM

Make sure Vsync is turned off, Microstuttering really starts to hit hard when the FPS is being limited to Vsync, I know no one likes seeing the screen tearing.
plus try and get your FPS even higher, by lowering some of the detail somewhere.
if your FPS can be increased you will be lowering your frame render times and this will help reduce the feel of microstuttering.
m
l
January 22, 2012 12:17:45 AM

kitsunestarwind said:
Make sure Vsync is turned off, Microstuttering really starts to hit hard when the FPS is being limited to Vsync, I know no one likes seeing the screen tearing.
plus try and get your FPS even higher, by lowering some of the detail somewhere.
if your FPS can be increased you will be lowering your frame render times and this will help reduce the feel of microstuttering.

I have tried putting the FPS to the preset of low, it still looked extremely choppy. Turned vsync off, it said it was at about 120fps, but yes, it still looked extremely choppy aswell. The game is updated to the latest version. But why would this happen on a new, more powerful build. When i had my AMD setup with a 1055t and the dual 6970s i had no microtutter whatsoever
m
l
January 22, 2012 12:18:30 AM

bystander said:
That does sound like microstuttering. Does this happen on any other game, or only BF3?

From the games ive tried, i think saints row the third and battlefield 3 have it.
m
l
January 22, 2012 12:19:28 AM

Quote:
it's the game and not the hardware....
possibly check for better drivers.
BF3's issue.

ive updated to the 11.12 drivers, had some issues with the 12.1 preview drivers so i dont want to give them a go. Should i go to 11.12 cap 3?
m
l
!