Reason to get Doom 3 if already played on PC?

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Games
  • Video
  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 11, 2005 9:17:54 PM

Is there a reason to get Doom 3 for XBOX if I already played it on PC? I
know there is a co-op option, which would be cool on the PC, but the only
other person that I know that would play it with me only has a PC and not an
XBOX. I am assuming the game is generally the same then?

More about : reason doom played

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:43:09 AM

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> Is there a reason to get Doom 3 for XBOX if I already played it on PC? I
> know there is a co-op option, which would be cool on the PC, but the only
> other person that I know that would play it with me only has a PC and not an
> XBOX. I am assuming the game is generally the same then?

If you don't have other friends with Xboxes and their own copy of Doom
3, then there's not much point of making that purchase. The xbox version:

1) Does not have as good of graphics. They are still quite as good, but
the xbox's hardware has fallen behind contemporary PC gaming machines.

2) Does not have as good of level detail. The level design has been
simplified a bit. Again, I suppose, owing to the Xbox's aging architecture.

3) Does cost premium dollar right now -- $50, or $60 for the collector's
version.

Although Xbox version is good in it's own right, it's unfortunate that
the developers did not take the tact used for Return of Castle
Wolfenstein: Tides of War. The Xbox version has 7 extra levels to
mitigate the simplification of the other levels. I ended up playing
through the Xbox version a few months after having purchased and played
the PC version.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:43:10 AM

buy this months xbox mazagine and play the doom 3 demo.

If you like playing on live you will probably want it.

I had the pc version that I played through and sold last year, I think I am
going to buy the xbox version since I have been having a lot of fun in
deathmatch on xbox live. The voice chat is what makes it much better for
me.

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.net> wrote in message
> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>> Is there a reason to get Doom 3 for XBOX if I already played it on PC? I
>> know there is a co-op option, which would be cool on the PC, but the only
>> other person that I know that would play it with me only has a PC and not
>> an XBOX. I am assuming the game is generally the same then?
>
> If you don't have other friends with Xboxes and their own copy of Doom 3,
> then there's not much point of making that purchase. The xbox version:
>
> 1) Does not have as good of graphics. They are still quite as good, but
> the xbox's hardware has fallen behind contemporary PC gaming machines.
>
> 2) Does not have as good of level detail. The level design has been
> simplified a bit. Again, I suppose, owing to the Xbox's aging
> architecture.
>
> 3) Does cost premium dollar right now -- $50, or $60 for the collector's
> version.
>
> Although Xbox version is good in it's own right, it's unfortunate that the
> developers did not take the tact used for Return of Castle Wolfenstein:
> Tides of War. The Xbox version has 7 extra levels to mitigate the
> simplification of the other levels. I ended up playing through the Xbox
> version a few months after having purchased and played the PC version.

April 12, 2005 2:23:22 AM

HockeyTownUSA wrote:

> Is there a reason to get Doom 3 for XBOX if I already played it on PC? I
> know there is a co-op option, which would be cool on the PC, but the only
> other person that I know that would play it with me only has a PC and not an
> XBOX. I am assuming the game is generally the same then?

If you're going to be playing it co-op, it'd be worth it for one runthrough as
the game is quite different in co-op mode(WAY more enemies, simplified
objectives, etc)....after that though, just head out and get RoE... :)

Bel

--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
- Marcus Hill, Narc
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:23:23 AM

"BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>
>> Is there a reason to get Doom 3 for XBOX if I already played it on PC? I
>> know there is a co-op option, which would be cool on the PC, but the only
>> other person that I know that would play it with me only has a PC and not
>> an
>> XBOX. I am assuming the game is generally the same then?
>
> If you're going to be playing it co-op, it'd be worth it for one
> runthrough as
> the game is quite different in co-op mode(WAY more enemies, simplified
> objectives, etc)....after that though, just head out and get RoE... :)
>
> Bel
>
> --
>
> Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
>
> "Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
> - Marcus Hill, Narc

Call me a dumbass, but what is RoE? Thanks.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:59:24 AM

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> "BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
>
>>HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a reason to get Doom 3 for XBOX if I already played it on PC? I
>>>know there is a co-op option, which would be cool on the PC, but the only
>>>other person that I know that would play it with me only has a PC and not
>>>an
>>>XBOX. I am assuming the game is generally the same then?
>>
>>If you're going to be playing it co-op, it'd be worth it for one
>>runthrough as
>>the game is quite different in co-op mode(WAY more enemies, simplified
>>objectives, etc)....after that though, just head out and get RoE... :)
>>
>>Bel
>>
>>--
>>
>>Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
>>
>>"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
>>- Marcus Hill, Narc
>>

> Call me a dumbass, but what is RoE? Thanks.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246665.asp
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:59:25 AM

> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>> "BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message

>>>If you're going to be playing it co-op, it'd be worth it for one
>>>runthrough as
>>>the game is quite different in co-op mode(WAY more enemies, simplified
>>>objectives, etc)....after that though, just head out and get RoE... :)
>>>
>>>Bel
>>>
>>>--
>>>
>>>Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
>>>
>>>"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
>>>- Marcus Hill, Narc
>>>

>> Call me a dumbass, but what is RoE? Thanks.
>
> http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246665.asp

Oh DUH. I was trying to think of an XBOX title. I bought the RoE expansion
already for my PC, but haven't installed it yet. Been too busy with Splinter
Cell Chaos Theory.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 7:03:51 AM

> >> Call me a dumbass, but what is RoE? Thanks.
> >
> > http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246665.asp
>
> Oh DUH. I was trying to think of an XBOX title. I bought the RoE expansion
> already for my PC, but haven't installed it yet. Been too busy with Splinter
> Cell Chaos Theory.

Don't expect too much for it...but it's a nice, short ride back into the world
of Doom 3. I am hoping the next expansion will be completely based in Hell,
maybe going around the story of one of the marines or research team members you
find dead in your first trip there(in Doom 3).

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
- Marcus Hill, Narc
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 9:58:06 PM

None that I can think of.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 2:29:58 AM

Art in Heaven wrote:

> None that I can think of.

Based on your posts....that isn't saying much...

Bel

--

!