Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Quick Sync Issue

Last response: in CPUs
July 11, 2012 7:55:55 AM

Hi there, well after getting my i7-2600k i wanted to try the Quick Sync feature since its a very fast way to convert media, but

seems like i can't do it right, i have an i7-2600k on a Z68-AP-D3 Mobo with a discrete card installed ( GTX 560 Ti )

I've installed the latest Virtu driver, Turn it ON and i've also downloaded the CPU graphics driver from intel's website...enabled

the CPU onboard VGA in bios as well.......but the only acceleration i get on media converter 7 is ( CUDA & None ) nothing about Quick Sync

Any suggestions ?

More about : quick sync issue

a c 175 à CPUs
July 11, 2012 9:10:54 AM

I would think that CUDA would be faster than Quick Sync
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 11, 2012 9:28:01 AM

Quicksync is far superior. Both from a speed and a quality perspective. CUDA really isn't ready for prime-time. As a video enthusiast, I never use CUDA because of its serious quality shortcomings.

I use z68 with Virtu/Quicksync in combination with various apps but not Media Converter. Have you checked that Media converter appears in the list of apps in the Virtu control panel? And is Virtu turned on?

I have problems with the latest Virtu driver in that it doesn't work - at all. So I used the last but one.
July 11, 2012 9:31:32 AM

bwrlane said:
Quicksync is far superior. Both from a speed and a quality perspective. CUDA really isn't ready for prime-time. As a video enthusiast, I never use CUDA because of its serious quality shortcomings.

I use z68 with Virtu/Quicksync in combination with various apps but not Media Converter. Have you checked that Media converter appears in the list of apps in the Virtu control panel? And is Virtu turned on?

I have problems with the latest Virtu driver in that it doesn't work - at all. So I used the last but one.

Yup it is in the list, i removed it and re-added it but nothing....the fact that i can't get use of a very killer feature like this bothers me alot......i do a lot of video converting so am kinda frustrated
Score
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2012 9:53:21 AM

its the intel hd3000 driver thats the problem

just tried all the previous drivers one by one

and once you get back to version 15.21.13.64.2342 the quick sync option is available as well as the cuda option

i got the older driver here

http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_cod...

on server 2--server 1 doesnt work
Score
July 11, 2012 10:02:45 AM

mcnumpty23 said:
its the intel hd3000 driver thats the problem

just tried all the previous drivers one by one

and once you get back to version 15.21.13.64.2342 the quick sync option is available as well as the cuda option

i got the older driver here

http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_cod...

on server 2--server 1 doesnt work

I'll try that, hope it works
Score
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2012 11:16:53 AM

bwrlane said:

Quick sink is ok for low res stuff, its fast and does the job. What it cant do yet however is compete with CPU encoding on a quality level.

Mactronix :) 
Score
July 19, 2012 12:37:11 PM

Best answer selected by merandos.
Score
December 16, 2012 11:20:38 PM

i know its too late to respond :D  but anyway the problem is in order to enable virtu on Z68, you have to connect your monitor to the motherboard video output not the GPU, and by doing that you get benefit of both integrated GPU in the CPU and your discrete GPU ( Yes virtu enables the motherboard to transfer data from the discrete GPU to the video output of the motherboard without the need to connect your monitor to the GPU )
Score
!