CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 version) or Corsair Carbide 400r

tukbol7

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
need help on upgrading my aerocool casing from this two, which one is better?
forgot to mention that the budget will around $100 and i think its the price range for the two cases I have mention...

CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 version) http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6750
Corsair Carbide 400r http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008

which is better than the two? I'm looking for a case that has easy to remove dust filters for easy cleaning, great cable management that has rubber grommets, great airflow and USB 3.0 support.

thanks guys

tukbol7

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
okay is it also easy to clean for this case the cooler master? removable dust filters, front can easily be remove, cause im afraid that i may break it hehehe been searching around for videos but could not found one..

Temile

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Both of these cases get good reviews. Since you mention dust, this review raised some concerns with dust and the Corsair:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R/4.html

I'm not sure how this actually compares with the CM though. I have a larger CM Storm Trooper and the dust filters seem to work (I have 4 cats...I need the filters) and are quite sturdy. I can't imagine breaking them except with intentional use of force. The filters do tend to stick when you replace them...but this is a very minor annoyance and only takes a few seconds to fix.

I don't want to take anything away from the Corsair though: they make lovely cases and I sometimes regret not buying one of those or another Cooler Master instead of the NXZT I did buy, even though the NXZT is also a far above average case. In fact, I'd rate CM and Corsair as my two favorite case manufacturers.

tukbol7

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

thanks for this Temile, thats a thing about this CM case not really a lot of review around the net or videos from youtube about it that has unboxing, side to side analysis etc, I was thinking maybe its only sold here in my country in the Philippines, it is not found in newegg.com either, thats weird :pt1cable:

nna2

Distinguished

it's easy enough to take a vacuum to it, though the front filter isn't removable and is the most visible

nna2

Distinguished
there is, you can't remove it... and im starting to wonder if i should even suggest this case, paint has been chipping off left and right (on the mesh from running a vacuum over it, under the power supply) my back fan is now whining, the dust filters are a joke

i've "broken" 2 of their tool free 3.25 bays because their pins come out so easy, it looks nice, but it's starting to look bad in my opinion

tukbol7

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Ow thats bad definitely dont want to have a chipping paint, got the older version of the CM 690 II for about 3 yrs now but no problem with that with my brothers desktop.. So Should i consider corsair 400r? instead of cm 690 advance?

nna2

Distinguished

i would say that as long as your careful with it (as you should be with all painted stuff) it will last a while, the tool free 3.5 drives tend to have 1 pin that will pop out when putting a drive in, and on the 5.25 drives, i broke one of them because i didnt know what i was doing and pulled it off, so it refuses to lock into place anymore

my psu just shocked me? (off topic lol)

there is alot of space, i just wish some of the features we're a little more sturdy

fan filters are a nuisance, not only do they turn grey, but my system is currently coated in a nice layer of dust :)... and cat hair

tukbol7

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

lol that's what's happening to my brother's desktop, its a lot of dust gathering around like they are already very old heheh.. I guess I'm just gonna try on Corsair for a change read and seen a lot of good reviews regarding about that case..