Sign in with
Your question

CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 version) or Corsair Carbide 400r

Last response: in Components
July 11, 2012 8:12:51 AM

need help on upgrading my aerocool casing from this two, which one is better?
forgot to mention that the budget will around $100 and i think its the price range for the two cases I have mention...

CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 version) http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6750
Corsair Carbide 400r http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

which is better than the two? I'm looking for a case that has easy to remove dust filters for easy cleaning, great cable management that has rubber grommets, great airflow and USB 3.0 support.

thanks guys
July 11, 2012 8:36:42 AM

thanks for this I forgot to mention the budget is around 100, this is a great case but I think its out of my range..
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 8:41:41 AM

I'd go with the Cooler Master 690.Its an updated higher end case while the other is a new mainstream case.
m
l
July 11, 2012 9:10:25 AM

okay is it also easy to clean for this case the cooler master? removable dust filters, front can easily be remove, cause im afraid that i may break it hehehe been searching around for videos but could not found one..
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 9:49:48 AM

Although ive got no experiance with this particular case it gets good reviews everywhere i look so there shouldnt be any problems with it.Im sure they've figured out a way to make life easier for you :) .
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 10:37:54 AM

Both of these cases get good reviews. Since you mention dust, this review raised some concerns with dust and the Corsair:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R...

I'm not sure how this actually compares with the CM though. I have a larger CM Storm Trooper and the dust filters seem to work (I have 4 cats...I need the filters) and are quite sturdy. I can't imagine breaking them except with intentional use of force. The filters do tend to stick when you replace them...but this is a very minor annoyance and only takes a few seconds to fix.

I don't want to take anything away from the Corsair though: they make lovely cases and I sometimes regret not buying one of those or another Cooler Master instead of the NXZT I did buy, even though the NXZT is also a far above average case. In fact, I'd rate CM and Corsair as my two favorite case manufacturers.
m
l
July 11, 2012 11:40:40 AM

Temile said:
Both of these cases get good reviews. Since you mention dust, this review raised some concerns with dust and the Corsair:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R...

I'm not sure how this actually compares with the CM though. I have a larger CM Storm Trooper and the dust filters seem to work (I have 4 cats...I need the filters) and are quite sturdy. I can't imagine breaking them except with intentional use of force. The filters do tend to stick when you replace them...but this is a very minor annoyance and only takes a few seconds to fix.

I don't want to take anything away from the Corsair though: they make lovely cases and I sometimes regret not buying one of those or another Cooler Master instead of the NXZT I did buy, even though the NXZT is also a far above average case. In fact, I'd rate CM and Corsair as my two favorite case manufacturers.

thanks for this Temile, thats a thing about this CM case not really a lot of review around the net or videos from youtube about it that has unboxing, side to side analysis etc, I was thinking maybe its only sold here in my country in the Philippines, it is not found in newegg.com either, thats weird :pt1cable: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 5:58:30 PM

tukbol7 said:
okay is it also easy to clean for this case the cooler master? removable dust filters, front can easily be remove, cause im afraid that i may break it hehehe been searching around for videos but could not found one..

it's easy enough to take a vacuum to it, though the front filter isn't removable and is the most visible
m
l
July 12, 2012 6:34:42 AM

so there is no filter for the front of CM 690 advance?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 10:31:17 AM

there is, you can't remove it... and im starting to wonder if i should even suggest this case, paint has been chipping off left and right (on the mesh from running a vacuum over it, under the power supply) my back fan is now whining, the dust filters are a joke

i've "broken" 2 of their tool free 3.25 bays because their pins come out so easy, it looks nice, but it's starting to look bad in my opinion
m
l
July 12, 2012 1:13:52 PM

Ow thats bad definitely dont want to have a chipping paint, got the older version of the CM 690 II for about 3 yrs now but no problem with that with my brothers desktop.. So Should i consider corsair 400r? instead of cm 690 advance?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 1:23:00 PM

tukbol7 said:
Ow thats bad definitely dont want to have a chipping paint, got the older version of the CM 690 II for about 3 yrs now but no problem with that with my brothers desktop.. So Should i consider corsair 400r? instead of cm 690 advance?

i would say that as long as your careful with it (as you should be with all painted stuff) it will last a while, the tool free 3.5 drives tend to have 1 pin that will pop out when putting a drive in, and on the 5.25 drives, i broke one of them because i didnt know what i was doing and pulled it off, so it refuses to lock into place anymore

my psu just shocked me? (off topic lol)

there is alot of space, i just wish some of the features we're a little more sturdy

fan filters are a nuisance, not only do they turn grey, but my system is currently coated in a nice layer of dust :) ... and cat hair
m
l
July 12, 2012 1:31:35 PM

nna2 said:
fan filters are a nuisance, not only do they turn grey, but my system is currently coated in a nice layer of dust :) ... and cat hair

lol that's what's happening to my brother's desktop, its a lot of dust gathering around like they are already very old heheh.. I guess I'm just gonna try on Corsair for a change read and seen a lot of good reviews regarding about that case..
m
l
!