Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Jade Empire only gets a 8.4 from Gamespot?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:46:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.

More about : jade empire gamespot

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:46:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:46:38 GMT, jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo)
wrote:

> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.

How did I know that this was going to happen?
April 12, 2005 2:46:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

That's probably because IGN overrates the games they review. Gamespot
usually gives a much more realistic score.
"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:46:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.

The uber nerd Kasavin reviewed it, so that's about on par for the
self-admitted FF fangirl.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:46:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.

That GameSpot review seemed awfully nitpicky. He didn't like combat because
it was real-time? He didn't like that it was different than Knights of the
Old Republic? What a retard. It's a different game. Everything he describes
makes it sound awesome to me even while he's dissing it.

- Cryo
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:46:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

well said, cryofax!
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 3:30:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <0q0m511cq1e956rk1e8f00vl9j2olae66v@4ax.com>, scape@noway.com
says...
>
>On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:46:38 GMT, jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo)
>wrote:
>
>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>
>How did I know that this was going to happen?


LOL!!! They are the only review under 90% right now though. Gamespy gave it a
perfect score.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:01:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> scape@noway.com says...
>> (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote:
>>
>>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>>
>> How did I know that this was going to happen?
>
> LOL!!! They are the only review under 90% right now though. Gamespy
> gave it a perfect score.

Yep, lotsa almost perfect scores across the broad so far:

IGN Review.................9.9 out of 10
GameSpyReview.........5 out of 5
GameZoneReview.......9.8 out of 10
Console GoldReview...9.8 out of 10
GameDailyReview.......4.5 out of 5

Has this game been confirmed to come out for PC yet?
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:04:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:02:00 -0400, "Dan"
<mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca> wrote:

>That's probably because IGN overrates the games they review. Gamespot
>usually gives a much more realistic score.

I do believe that Greg Kassavin of Gamespot (not Gamespot in general)
tends to grade tough. I think that is a good thing. He is usually
thorough and in-depth. However, I think on SOME reviews he is overly
critical and inconsistent (Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory recieved a lower
score than Pandora Tomorrow and an equal score to SC1???) So to not
pass judgement on him, I decided to compare the IGN and Gamespot
reviews, The IGN review (David Clayman) actually seems MORE in-depth
than the Gamespot review (Greg Kassavin). This was very surprising
because usually this is the opposite. The IGN review was very
meticulous in describing the fighting system while Gamespot was
somewhat vague. There are also polar opposite views on certain
aspects of the game (Greg Kassavin says that the lading times are
longer than KOTOR, Clayman says that it is half of the KOTOR loading
times). The Gamespot review says, "With that said, the game also
lacks the ambitious scope of, say, Knights of the Old Republic". IGN
says, "Jade's story is better, its combat system superior and its
morality system is more complex than KOTOR. There are so many twists
and turns that no one will be able to anticipate all of them. I almost
feel like going back and lowering the scores of every other RPG on
Xbox. Yes, Jade is that good." The differences of opinion are HUGE.
I will get it tomorrow and be my own judge.

SupaScape!
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:14:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <z6F6e.31751$_N4.879551@wagner.videotron.net>,
mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca says...
>
>That's probably because IGN overrates the games they review. Gamespot
>usually gives a much more realistic score.


I agree with that but all the other sites are giving it incredible scores too.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:27:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> wrote in message
news:66F6e.6715$n93.2038@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> scape@noway.com says...
>>> (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote:
>>>
>>>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>>>
>>> How did I know that this was going to happen?
>>
>> LOL!!! They are the only review under 90% right now though. Gamespy
>> gave it a perfect score.
>
> Yep, lotsa almost perfect scores across the broad so far:
>
> IGN Review.................9.9 out of 10
> GameSpyReview.........5 out of 5
> GameZoneReview.......9.8 out of 10
> Console GoldReview...9.8 out of 10
> GameDailyReview.......4.5 out of 5
>
> Has this game been confirmed to come out for PC yet?

Yes.

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:29:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

SupaScape! <scape@noway.com> wrote:
>I do believe that Greg Kassavin of Gamespot (not Gamespot in general)
>tends to grade tough. I think that is a good thing. He is usually

Now, I'm biased and think Kasavin's written some dumb reviews
occasionally. But...

>somewhat vague. There are also polar opposite views on certain
>aspects of the game (Greg Kassavin says that the lading times are
>longer than KOTOR, Clayman says that it is half of the KOTOR loading
>times).

With respect to load times, this could be entirely an artifact of
the reviewers playing on different XBoxes; I think one more hard used or
just in worse shape will actually have worse load times.

I do hope both reviewers actually popped in KOTOR to double check;
an XBox should have save games for pretty much every game on the HD.

--
Wiggum: No. We need to find out who it belonged to. We want a DNA test.
DNA guy: Ooh, ooh, ee, ooh, ooh, that takes, uh, eight to ten weeks.
Wiggum: [sighs, hands him a carton of cigarettes]
DNA guy: Did I say weeks? 'Cause I meant seconds.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:30:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:46:38 GMT, jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo)
wrote:

> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.

IGN tends to be on the high side and Gamespot tends to be on the low
side. Average the 2 and you probably have a good starting point.
April 12, 2005 2:08:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.

That will send the fanboys into a traumatic spin on gamefaqs boards
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 3:31:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:FTJ6e.4335$go4.2365@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> wrote in message
> news:66F6e.6715$n93.2038@twister.nyc.rr.com...
>> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>> scape@noway.com says...
>>>> (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>>>>
>>>> How did I know that this was going to happen?
>>>
>>> LOL!!! They are the only review under 90% right now though. Gamespy
>>> gave it a perfect score.
>>
>> Yep, lotsa almost perfect scores across the broad so far:
>>
>> IGN Review.................9.9 out of 10
>> GameSpyReview.........5 out of 5
>> GameZoneReview.......9.8 out of 10
>> Console GoldReview...9.8 out of 10
>> GameDailyReview.......4.5 out of 5
>>
>> Has this game been confirmed to come out for PC yet?
>
> Yes.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Actually, no. Bioware said they're not planning a PC version as of yet.

Tommy
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:01:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <1113270549.359866.313860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>
>
>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>
>The uber nerd Kasavin reviewed it, so that's about on par for the
>self-admitted FF fangirl.
>
I didn't realize he was a Final Fantasy nut. That would explain a bunch.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:11:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <wICdnVfrnPa5r8bfRVn-rw@giganews.com>, ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com
says...
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>
>That GameSpot review seemed awfully nitpicky. He didn't like combat because
>it was real-time? He didn't like that it was different than Knights of the
>Old Republic? What a retard. It's a different game. Everything he describes
>makes it sound awesome to me even while he's dissing it.
>
>- Cryo
>
>
After looking through Kasavins scores I do agree with him on most of his
scores. I don't agree that Paper Mario deserved a 9.2 and I'm sure that I will
like Jade Empire more. We shall see tonight.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:13:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <e6um51p3enc7ohccn36fktk5phveor5djq@4ax.com>,
frankmelo@sbcglobal.net says...
>
>On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:46:38 GMT, jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo)
>wrote:
>
>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>
>IGN tends to be on the high side and Gamespot tends to be on the low
>side. Average the 2 and you probably have a good starting point.


That sounds like a good plan. Maybe bump up the average a bit after taking
into consideration all the other great scores.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:13:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <3c1hggF6lm3p7U1@individual.net>, invalid@invalid.invalid says...
>
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>
>That will send the fanboys into a traumatic spin on gamefaqs boards
>
>
Yeah check out Gamefaqs and have a good laugh.
April 12, 2005 5:18:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:6YO6e.839$xE2.203@fed1read04...
> In article <3c1hggF6lm3p7U1@individual.net>, invalid@invalid.invalid
> says...
>>
>>
>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
>>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>>
>>That will send the fanboys into a traumatic spin on gamefaqs boards
>>
>>
> Yeah check out Gamefaqs and have a good laugh.

Its great, its like they are all having some kind of major blood vessel
spillage. I best warn the local hospitals of an influx of stroke victims.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:06:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Tommy Stenberg" <nobodysfool@dont.exist> wrote in message
news:GzM6e.111571$Vf.4177099@news000.worldonline.dk...
>
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:FTJ6e.4335$go4.2365@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>
>> "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> wrote in message
>> news:66F6e.6715$n93.2038@twister.nyc.rr.com...
>>> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>>> scape@noway.com says...
>>>>> (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
>>>>>
>>>>> How did I know that this was going to happen?
>>>>
>>>> LOL!!! They are the only review under 90% right now though. Gamespy
>>>> gave it a perfect score.
>>>
>>> Yep, lotsa almost perfect scores across the broad so far:
>>>
>>> IGN Review.................9.9 out of 10
>>> GameSpyReview.........5 out of 5
>>> GameZoneReview.......9.8 out of 10
>>> Console GoldReview...9.8 out of 10
>>> GameDailyReview.......4.5 out of 5
>>>
>>> Has this game been confirmed to come out for PC yet?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>
> Actually, no. Bioware said they're not planning a PC version as of yet.
>

Yes.

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:06:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Jonah Falcon wrote:

> Yes.

Is your source as trustworthy as the one claiming Resident Evil 4 is coming
to the Xbox?
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 6:38:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In the case of JE, GS is much closer to the truth. IGN overrates pretty
much everything (not just on one console, but for all).


"Dan" <mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca> wrote in message
news:z6F6e.31751$_N4.879551@wagner.videotron.net...
> That's probably because IGN overrates the games they review. Gamespot
> usually gives a much more realistic score.
> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:i7D6e.774$xE2.513@fed1read04...
> > Still a nice score but I expected better after the IGN review.
> >
>
>
April 15, 2005 8:25:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:vlQ7e.5979$go4.5346@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> In the case of JE, GS is much closer to the truth. IGN overrates pretty
> much everything (not just on one console, but for all).
>
>

Hmmm...I'm not saying you're wrong but how can you be so sure? How long have
you owned the game, how many hours have you played it, and how far into it
are you?
April 18, 2005 1:29:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Hmmm... the general opinion is that IGN over-rates and Gamespot
under-rates so we should just average the two and get... 9.15! Seems
fair to me!

- Jordan
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:55:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"WJM" <wjmuldowney@NOearthlinkSPAM.net> wrote in message
news:0WR7e.10131$44.1416@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:vlQ7e.5979$go4.5346@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > In the case of JE, GS is much closer to the truth. IGN overrates pretty
> > much everything (not just on one console, but for all).
> >
> >
>
> Hmmm...I'm not saying you're wrong but how can you be so sure? How long
have
> you owned the game, how many hours have you played it, and how far into it
> are you?
>
>
>

owned from launch day, almost done chapter 2, played about 9 hours, and
yeah, the game although great and lots of fun is incredibly overrated (as
usual). GS's score was much more accurate than all the rest of the BS
reviews.

Wurm
!