lakshitharxx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
1 hour ago asus ai suit warn me that 12v voltage is low and voltage was 9.xxxv. Then suddenly my screen filled with green squares and I restart my pc.. After the restart it system works without a problem and lowest voltage was 11.5v.. Should I RMA my psu?

Corsair GS600 600W PSU ( bought 3 months ago )
i5 2400+hyper 212
GTx 550ti
1HDD
1SSD
4 coolermaster led fans+fan controller

Ps - friend gave me a software named OCCT to check psu voltages and I am currently running it.. It is a one hour test I think..

Solution
ATX 12V specifies that the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V rails shall supply power within +-5% of the rated voltage. That means that the 12V rail should be 11.4-12.6V. I would trust the Asus AI tool to accurately get the 12V reading from the mobo. If you're PSU is not maintaining proper voltages, then I would RMA the unit.
ATX 12V specifies that the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V rails shall supply power within +-5% of the rated voltage. That means that the 12V rail should be 11.4-12.6V. I would trust the Asus AI tool to accurately get the 12V reading from the mobo. If you're PSU is not maintaining proper voltages, then I would RMA the unit.

Solution

lakshitharxx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Guys that test I mentioned didn't go well.. It restart the computer.. Also after that psu didn't reach 12v.. Always 11.5 and below.. I tried to stress gpu using msi kombuster and pc restart after test started. Then I remove all the connectors and reconnect only motherboard 24pin connector/4pin cpu connector/ ssd sata cable.. Now psu maintain stable 12.096v and all the tests/benchmarks working perfectly.. Is this mean I have a faulty hardware? I am going to plug my other hardware one by one now..

Hook everything back up and check what your voltages are in BIOS, not using a software suite, that removes a level of software to mess things up. If bios is showing you as having low voltages I would see about getting an RMA. Also, if you happen to have a digital multimeter i would back probe the main ATX connector, boot all the way into your OS and see what your 12 V reading is then, if it is about 11.5 I would give corsair a call and request an RMA, it's not out of spec, but rarely does voltage go up under load.

lakshitharxx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
I connected everything back and now both bios and AI suit shows 12.096V and it is stable.. Also i run Prime95, MSI kombustor and both gpu and cpu went through them without a problem.. is that means my GPU ok?

Second things is i faced few strange things while plugging my devices..

First i removed my corsair one and installed my old coolermaster PSU.. (only 24pin connector/4pin cpu connector/ ssd sata cable). It also showed 12.192V and it was stable.. Then again i tried with my corsair one.. But there was no display.. Cpu fan and power supply were working.. So i tried with coolermaster one again and same thing happened.. No display.. Then i detected that motherboard 24pin connector doesn't fit properly in to the motherboard.. One of the pins in motherboard 24pin socket was bended and i pushed it back to correct place using a screw.. :( after that display came back and both psu showed 12.096V in 12V.. Then i started to connect my other hardware and i noticed that my led strip's molex connecter doesn't plug properly.. Half of the Red wire's pin has come out of it's molex connecter.. I place it back correctly..

Now Computer is working without a problem.. But what was the problem? 24Pin connector or molex connector? If it was 24pin connector how did my coolermaster psu worked at the first time i connected it? If it was molex, can a molex connector drop 12V rail voltage like that?