Dec 5, 2011
Thank You in advance

Currently I have

NZXT gamma case
Core i3 2100
Asus p8 H61m lx motherboard
EVGA GTX 460 1 gb v2 sc
Corsair 450 watt psu

My psu as of late have been making a squaling noise under load and I've been told it's time to replace.
My case nzxt gamma is horrible and dust is gathering inside pc really bad and front panel inputs are flimsy and about to break. Mobo screws drop and don't lock.
Onboard sound on mobo is really bad it cracks badly on just about anything from games to music w/e

So I'm considering getting a seasonic 620w modular for 90 dlls on amazon
To fix the on board sound im getting an asus dx sound card 84 dlls on amazon
To fix case I'll get a corsair 550d ( I need alot of air filters Live in dusty place) 140 dlls on amazon
To not make sound upgrade useless am planning on getting Creative A220 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System

Never planned on getting out of budget but

My question is can I get anything better for less money ?

Solution
The case you have chosen is a great case although you can shave some $'s off by opting for the Fractal R3 (about $100-$110 depending on where you shop). Google reviews for Fractal R3 case and I am sure you will be confident you will be happy with it... and yes I own the R3 so can vouch it's a great case.

I think any other area of your proposed upgrades and you will be penny pinching, case will save you $30-$40 and it's being swapped for another quality product but I wouldn't suggest swapping out anything else.

chinchilla_bob

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
The case you have chosen is a great case although you can shave some $'s off by opting for the Fractal R3 (about $100-$110 depending on where you shop). Google reviews for Fractal R3 case and I am sure you will be confident you will be happy with it... and yes I own the R3 so can vouch it's a great case.

I think any other area of your proposed upgrades and you will be penny pinching, case will save you $30-$40 and it's being swapped for another quality product but I wouldn't suggest swapping out anything else.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS