Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon blank screen windows xp

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2012 7:12:00 PM

Hello may someone please help me. One day i started up my computer after i got past the welcome screen and to the home screen the monitor went complete back someone help ive tried everything its been like this for months PLEASE
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2012 11:24:19 PM

I am sorry, but we need more details to be able to help you.
What is your graphic card?
CPU? PSU? Exact windows version?
m
l
January 22, 2012 1:24:47 AM

On the hard drive it says amd athlon 64 processor also it says. Intergrated ATI RADEON XPRESS PC Express slot
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2012 1:58:15 AM

bloc97 said:
I am sorry, but we need more details to be able to help you.
What is your graphic card?
CPU? PSU? Exact windows version?

And itz windows xp
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2012 5:34:30 PM

Does your computer seem to be still running when the "black screen" appears? If so, it may be an software issue...
m
l
January 22, 2012 6:14:47 PM

Yes everything is plugged in fine and everything is on and i cant reset the computer because the screen is black :fou: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2012 6:23:22 PM

Can you do an re-install? Do you have a boot disk?

Also, when does exactly this "black screen" happens? Right after you open the computer or when the windows logo appears?
m
l
January 22, 2012 6:32:32 PM

It happens even when in stand by mode or evenn when the hard drive is off or on i can do re install but it would be extremely difficult by the way im not on the computer im on a Android tablet
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2012 6:42:35 PM

Have you tried Windows Repair from the XP Installation disk? It just repairs damaged files and doesn't delete your files and programs...
m
l
January 22, 2012 6:53:59 PM

I dont have one but when the computer was workin it would say "System Restore " when i used to start it up, but i highly doubt system repair would fix anything with my monitor
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2012 7:06:16 PM

So do you have any idea if it is the Monitor or the Computer that is broken?

Try your monitor on a other PC.
m
l
January 22, 2012 7:17:16 PM

I dont think itz the computer i dont have another computer my mom wont let me take it apart :( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2012 12:10:41 AM

If its the monitor that is broken, the only solution is to get it repaired, since it is very difficult to take it apart and assemble it back without breaking it or getting toxic materials on you...

You don't need to take a other PC apart, you can just unplug the video cable at the rear and plug this "broken" screen.
m
l
January 23, 2012 1:17:36 AM

2545078,13,717764 said:
If its the monitor that is broken, the only solution is to get it repaired, since it is very difficult to take it apart and assemble it back without breaking it or getting toxic materials on you...

You don't need to take a other PC apart, you can just unplug the video cable at the rear and plug this "broken" screen.[/quotwhat do you mean video cable
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2012 11:28:39 PM

The video cable is the cable that is between your PC and your screen, so your PC can tell your screen to display things...
m
l
February 9, 2012 10:52:37 PM

bloc97 said:
The video cable is the cable that is between your PC and your screen, so your PC can tell your screen to display things...
so i should get another video cable i dont really think its the cable tbh. but should i buy another cable to see if it works.
m
l
!