Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 570 safe purchase or should I wait?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 21, 2012 7:59:40 PM

Hello everyone, I currently own a nice setup that currently has a GTX 260 core 216, it runs most games fine except for now that I have BF3 and I have to lower detail in order to get the game to run smoothly. I finally came with the opportunity to buy a new graphics card. I have a 470$ budget. I was currently looking a the GTX 570 or even throw in a few more bucks and get a GTX 580. The thing is that I am a bit scared about buying this graphics card because i read online that they are going to release the GTX 6XX very soon.

Should I buy or should I wait?
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 21, 2012 8:01:20 PM

Wait.
m
0
l
January 21, 2012 8:03:17 PM

Do you know anything about prices what is actually going to come out next month?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2012 8:03:46 PM

I'm not a big fan of waiting and with that budget I would pick up a GTX 570 and a SSD.
m
0
l
January 21, 2012 8:05:14 PM

because people keep saying GTX 680, but that is probably going to be way out of my budget and I actually wanted to buy an SSD too with those 470 bucks what do you recommend? I calculated right now on amazon an intel ssd 80gb 320 series and the gtx 570 and it came up as 485 bucks, so I really dont know what to do.
m
0
l
January 21, 2012 8:06:56 PM

im just saying, that if they are going to come out with just a "Flagship" card, as AMD and nVidia usually do, it will be like 6 more months until they release a High-End Mid grade GPU
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2012 8:20:14 PM

If you are really this torn about it then wait another month or so till nVIDIA releases their GPU. If it's out of your budget then purchase a GTX 570 + SSD or a GTX 580 without a SSD.

I was just stating what I would do and others are going to say what they would do, but ultimately it's up to you. A GTX 570 is a great card and will be potent for a few more years. Add another one in a year or so and your golden.
m
0
l
January 21, 2012 9:03:42 PM

any other suggestions
m
0
l
January 21, 2012 9:15:16 PM

I am in exactly the same situation. I have a GTX 260 but want a new PC so it is a 570 or wait. Even if we wait until they come out would it then not be prudent again to wait until the best version of the 670 has been discovered/released?
m
0
l
January 22, 2012 12:44:55 AM

i think we should wait at least until the end of February to wait until the new architecture comes out.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2012 2:24:41 AM

If you do wait and purchase, early adoptions can have it's pitfalls. When new cards are released, I like to wait at least a few months for some nice third party selections to hit the shelves.
m
0
l
!