Bootmngr missing

skukudal

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hello,

I've bought a new pc and my new 500 gb hdd worked fine for 3 days and on the 4th day, my system got stuck at a msg saying detecting IDE drives.. tried changing the port connections and nothing worked.. got hard disk replaced and when installing windows 7 OS on the new disk, the very first day of using the disk and at the iddle of installing OS, I got an error saying bootmngr missing.. when I checked with the merchant who sold o, they told that this could happen because of earthing issues.. I never onew earthing could cause this kind of problem.. could it be really problem with earthing I grounding.. if so, what can I do to sort this out.. request assistance on this please

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've never heard of anything like that happening during a Windows 7 install. The O/S is what writes the boot manager to the HDD. And I can't think of any reason a poor or missing ground would cause that. I've got to think on that for awhile. Is your copy of Windows legal?

As far as grounding, it's always a good idea to be sure your recepts are properly wired. If you are in the US (or your area uses the National Electrical Code for wiring protocol), get yourself one of these testers to verify your recept is properly wired.
http://www.amazon.com/GE-50542-Receptacle-Improper-Indicator/dp/B002LZTKIA