goldenvale

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Hello,

I have recently built a new pc (the specs are below) everything seems to work fine but when I start a game or play a youtube video my screen goes black and it say's no signal. I also can't hear my hardrive anymore but all the fans are still running, the power button wont work so I need to turn it off from the PSU. I've installed all the newest drivers and also flashed the motherboard with the newest update but I can't seem to find the problem. I have tried 3 different graphics cards and I still get the same problem. Reinstalled windows a couple of times but I can't get rid of the problem. I tried playing a video on youtube while on Winki operating system (Boots from the cd provided by MSI) and it seems to be working. The cpu fan is also spinning way too hard while it's not overheating (40 degrees).

I really hope someone can help me here because i've searched the whole web, tried everything and I haven't found a solution.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23
Processor: AMD FX-8120
Memory: GeIL Black Dragon 8GB-1333MHz
GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700watt

go to your event viewer
that might help you isolate the problem

also try booting with safemode with vga and play video. if the pc wont freeze as described then its some sort of driver issue

goldenvale

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
I tried playing a video in safe mode and it still happends. I also heard a very high tone beep (almost unhearable) coming from my pc whenever i clicked play. When I paused it it went away.

Nothing to see in event viewer.

goldenvale

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Found out that my cpu wasn't comatible with my motherboard. CPU needs 125watt and the motherboard only provides 95watt.