Sign in with
Your question

Visiontek Reference 6950 2gb.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2012 11:20:01 PM

hi all,
Have a question maybe someone can help? I have a 6950 Visiontek 2GB. video card with a bad flash from someone who didn't know which way was up.I plugged the card in and an old nvidia pci card and booted up. The visiontek shows up with gpu-z but everything is off, instead of 800mhz. it reads zero (0) and the temp is way above melting point plus most of the other readings are off except it says Cayman 6950 but not much more, All I get is a bright blue screen from it.
I tried a re-flash to the original bios with no luck,tried flashing a 6970 that I used before still the same.I have done maybe 50 flashes without a hitch, fixed a few also , but never ran into one that couldn't be fixed. Anyone know of an atiflash command to erase the Bios completely so I can start fresh. It has the dual Bios switch but I get no response from it either, fan runs great though and nice and quiet ,card looks almost new? In win 7 it reads no resources being used because card has a problem no. also says one or more files for this card are corrupt , this is in system properties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
frank
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2012 11:30:05 PM

Did you get that card from someone else or it is your card?
m
l
January 22, 2012 12:58:30 PM

It was mine ,loaned it to someone who said they were looking to buy and wanted to try it out.Got it back with the song that the shaders wouldn't unlock. ( I never tried to unlock them) anyway when I went to use it awhile later on a build all I got for video output was a bright blue screen not black and not BSD but bright blue!At first I thought maybe it was the mobo or the monitor,but after checking with a different monitor with the same result I put in another card and it was perfect.So I knew it was the card, anyway about 3 months had gone by and when I asked the guy about bricking my card he denied it with a story,wasn't much I could do,I never saw him screw it up so maybe it just? Who knows. So now I'm trying to fix it.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2012 5:31:05 PM

Did he change a part of your card? Was that guy your friend?

Sometimes when you loan something electronic to someone, they can take out parts (Like the GPU) and put back an way cheaper one. It already happened once to me when I tried to ask someone to put an Mod-chip in my Wii...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2012 5:24:57 AM

Any luck with your cards bios?
m
l
January 15, 2013 6:33:03 PM

zpwslayer said:
Any luck with your cards bios?

It's Still sitting here never got it fixed YET, Had a bike crash in spring ,right Turn on red Here,Some Bimbo with 6 screaming kids Smashed right into me lucky she was only in 2nd gear doing 35 She says,I was do 45,flew like a bird,but seemed like an hour really was only 3 second RUINED MY BIKE,iNSURANCE BOUGHT ME A NEW ONE, HER KIDS ALL SAID SHE LOOKED AND SAW NO ONE,COPS DIDN'T CHARGE hER OR mE,bad luck,jUST LIKE THIS CARD! sTILL bRICKED tRIED everythng!!
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
January 15, 2013 6:41:14 PM

herculesx said:
It's Still sitting here never got it fixed YET, Had a bike crash in spring ,right Turn on red Here,Some Bimbo with 6 screaming kids Smashed right into me lucky she was only in 2nd gear doing 35 She says,I was do 45,flew like a bird,but seemed like an hour really was only 3 second RUINED MY BIKE,iNSURANCE BOUGHT ME A NEW ONE, HER KIDS ALL SAID SHE LOOKED AND SAW NO ONE,COPS DIDN'T CHARGE hER OR mE,bad luck,jUST LIKE THIS CARD! sTILL bRICKED tRIED everythng!!

Still on meds or is there something wrong with your caps lock? :heink:  :lol: 
m
l
January 15, 2013 10:22:30 PM

:fou: 
Mousemonkey said:
Still on meds or is there something wrong with your caps lock? :heink:  :lol: 

Excuse This Post: I WAS ASKED!!
Sorry about the Caps,Oxy. and Roxi still for my ,Leg,Knee,Hip,Collar Bone,Left Ank.,Right foot 5 Ribs,Puntured Lung,Ruptured Spleen, 6 Fingers and that was on my Ducati if I would have been riding my Evolution probally would have killed 2 or 3 of them and myself,my Ducati Fiberglass just shattered and stopped my HD would have opened up that Honda Mini-Van like a can-opener,She pulled right out in front of me and I hit her right behind the Drivers door about 30 inches back.It was 99 9/10% Her fault,even witnesses said she didn't even slow down.She wanted me to pay for 19 year old sons broken wrist, no health insurance,2012 Honda Mini $36,000 and $750K house, all 6 kids had iPads and iPhones, They were taken pictures of me lying on the ground going into shock,she's Dentist,he's Dr.Oh yea Jaw is still wired shut,love drinking Hot Dogs ,Bake Beans And Potato Salad thru a Straw!
I know this is a Computer Video Card Forum, but Hit a Telephone pole not a know it all,I was on the ground gasping because of Lung and she wanted my insurance card,And Multi Genetic Prez.is trying to take Guns Away-Try It!

Still have not got my AMD Bios Bricked 6950 Ref.Card Fixed!
m
l
!