SB 128 Vibra allows only one sound playback?

agpport

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2001
Really need some help with this one...

I need to know why I cant get more than one simultaneous sounds. F.ex. I cant listen to mp3:s while running UT, Heroes 3 or any other game/program. I don´t even hear the plong from the cashregister in Dopewars!

Sound quality is awesome when wathing DVD:s, playing games or audio CD:s, it´s just that it refuses to play two at a time...

Soundcard is Soundblaster 128 Vibra (according to the helpfiles also known as Ensoniq or Soundblaster 16 depending on which region you bought it in, I live in sweden).

My retailers´ website says it doesn´t work satisfactory with Abit KT7/KT7A but by the time I saw that it was already at the postoffice... website doesn´t say what the problem was, just that you should get SB Live 1024 instead for KT7/KT7A-systems.

Aside from this and that I cant get sound in No One Lives Forever its working just fine.

Creative doesn´t seem to have ANY drivers for the card.

Win 98 SE
Abit KT7A
Duron 750
128 MB Mosel Vitelic PC133 CAS 2
Soundblaster 128 Vibra (CT4810?)
Leadtek Geforce2 MX
Seagate U5 40 GB
15" AST monitor from year of the lord 1993

G

your problem could just be that your card dosnt have enough voices that cards only supports 128 voices. get a new live MP3+ card it supports 1204 voices and i can do 5 things at once on it and i still have no problems opening annother. but then again it could be drivers and i never heard alot of good things about those cards to begin with. Sound Blaster MP3+ at least if u wana do alot of sound at once.