Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Monitor is coming out Black/white

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 22, 2012 1:07:51 AM

A while ago, I set up 2 monitors. For some reason, my second monitor comes out black/white. My main monitor works just fine. Now, I've only the old monitor. My main monitor is at another house, and I'm trying to figure out why my display comes out black/white. If there's anything anyone can do to help, I'd like to know very much. Thanks!
Crossfired (x2) XFX 6920 2G
January 22, 2012 1:38:43 AM

Reinstalled the drivers. It still hasn't fixed it. Any help would be nice.
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 22, 2012 2:42:37 AM

Have you checked your color controlls in your ccc?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 22, 2012 5:16:21 PM

DM186 said:
Have you checked your color controlls in your ccc?

If you're refering to my Catalyst Control Center, then yes. I've reinstalled it and even changed the resolution, even up to resolutions my monitor doesn't handle.
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 23, 2012 2:21:15 AM

Yes I was. How about your monitor does it have color controlls? Is there any other way to test your monitor on a different rig?
m
0
l
January 23, 2012 11:34:22 PM

DM186 said:
Yes I was. How about your monitor does it have color controlls? Is there any other way to test your monitor on a different rig?

The coloration works fine on my older rig. I think I would have to reinstall the monitors drivers. Think that would work?
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 24, 2012 1:43:48 AM

darksora269 said:
The coloration works fine on my older rig. I think I would have to reinstall the monitors drivers. Think that would work?


It wouldn't hurt to try. Also I was looking at your first statement and I was wondering if that was a type-O on the 6920? Did you mean 6950? I hope it is just a driver problem. They work just fine with the newer monitor right? Have you tried one card at a time with the monitor? It is a long shot.
m
0
l
January 24, 2012 10:53:17 AM

DM186 said:
It wouldn't hurt to try. Also I was looking at your first statement and I was wondering if that was a type-O on the 6920? Did you mean 6950? I hope it is just a driver problem. They work just fine with the newer monitor right? Have you tried one card at a time with the monitor? It is a long shot.

Oh, yes. Dual 6950's. My fault. And yeah, I've tried all the adapters, I've tried but DVI and VGA for my old monitor, since I've a converter for VGA. And yes. I'm using my newer monitor right now and it's coming out in perfect color.
m
0
l
!