Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Longest You Have Used the Same Case

Last response: in Components
Share
July 11, 2012 5:21:54 PM

I got the 550D as the case for my rig. What is the longest you have used the same case? I'd like to keep it as long as possible while just upgrading the other hardware. Thanks for your insight and input!

More about : longest case

a c 158 ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 5:29:02 PM

The longest that I've used a case is 10 years and the clock is still counting. A good quality case will last a long time especially with proper upkeep/cleaning.
a c 76 ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 5:31:49 PM

Rugger said:
The longest that I've used a case is 10 years and the clock is still counting. A good quality case will last a long time especially with proper upkeep/cleaning.


I'm with Rugger on that one (a little over 10 years for me, actually).
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 5:32:04 PM

Even the cheapest cases are built to try and protect your stuff and are durable. Unless you need more room for a graphics card, or a PSU doesn't match up, (if your case is cheap) you should be able to get away with the same case for years and years.
July 11, 2012 5:36:10 PM

My case is a mid. With as big as GPUs are becoming, I'll need a full size in two years. ;) 
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 8:33:19 PM

Since 95.
Over the years I've modded it to add front audio, mic, usb ports, and then a flash card reader.

Now it sits in my basement housing my home server. Still going.
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 9:01:31 PM

popatim said:
Since 95.
Over the years I've modded it to add front audio, mic, usb ports, and then a flash card reader.

Now it sits in my basement housing my home server. Still going.

NICE!
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 9:55:52 PM

well, its not like they break. LOL
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 10:14:22 PM

True...that was four years after I got my first PC..a Zenith 386
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 10:33:36 PM

Hi :) 

Had a Lian Li solid Aluminum case for around 11 years now...server tower, cost me around £300 when I bought it....worth every penny....

All the best Brett :) 
a c 122 ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 11:23:38 PM

Well looks like i have the worse record here i have a hard time keeping a case more than two or three years i get tired of the same case after so long
July 12, 2012 2:39:17 AM

RJEwing said:
I got the 550D as the case for my rig. What is the longest you have used the same case? I'd like to keep it as long as possible while just upgrading the other hardware. Thanks for your insight and input!


12 years and still using lol
July 12, 2012 2:52:13 PM

Gonna build a new system using my 10 year old yellow beast! The guys here told me that it will work with a new MOBO so why not gut it and reuse? :bounce: 
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 2:59:25 PM

i had an old OEM case i got in 2003, has since then been passed on, but is still in faithful use
!