blue bar with folders and tasks

I need to get rid of a blue bar that has folders and such on it runs the
length of the desktop page from top to bottom and I want it gone to help
display my backgrounds better with full background not this blue field I
don't want and don't know how I got.
2 answers Last reply
More about blue folders tasks

    Ralph_fairbanks wrote:
    > I need to get rid of a blue bar that has folders and such on it runs
    > the length of the desktop page from top to bottom and I want it gone
    > to help display my backgrounds better with full background not this
    > blue field I don't want and don't know how I got.

    Right click on the bar in an empty area..
    Go to TOOLBARS in the menu, let it expand and uncheck the obvious one.

    Likely "My Computer" that you dragged to one side or to the top of your
    screen.. It creates this bar.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Click Start, Run and type "regsvr32 /i shell32". Restart Windows.

    -or-
    Remove Common Tasks from Desktop - (from Doug Knox)
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User