[Eyefinity] Hydra-grid type effect for the taskbar?

mikemosh511

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Hi all,
I just sprung for 2 more monitors when I got my shiny new 7970. Its awesome. BF3 runs amazingly well across all 3 as does everything else.

My only complaint is that when I have multiple windows spread out across the displays, the bars for them are all grouped on the left by the start menu. I would love to have each window/program be in the task bar underneath its respective display.

I attached a screenshot for the visual people in the crowd to show exactly what I would like to do. I think the simplest option would be to add a hydra-grid like divider at the break in each monitor. I know that a program like display fusion is used for spreading the task bar across multiple displays, but eyefinity makes it "one" display, so I'm not sure how it would change the results. I would also not want to pay for that feature (its not in the free version) only to have to deal with trying to return it if it doesn't work.

I also know that the windows+p key allows me to switch from eyefinity to regular, but I would prefer to not have to do that.

Thanks for any help.

KP3Bj

mikemosh511

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
No, it doesn't. There's a setting called hydragrid that allows me to make horizontal and vertical dividers on the displays, but it does not affect the task bar.

Has anyone tried the paid version of display fusion to do this?

Latest posts