Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming build

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 22, 2012 3:23:37 AM

should i sli x2 gtx 570 or x2 gtx 560ti 448 and is it true that the gtx 680 comes out in february ?

More about : gaming build

January 22, 2012 3:33:32 AM

I would just wait for Kepler GPUs. It isn't confirmed so it may not come out in February. How badly do you need the card?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 22, 2012 3:45:53 AM

Is this a new build? If not, what are your current specs? How much are you willing to spend?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 29, 2012 5:57:52 AM

yes this is a new build and i only have $1000 :o  i had a 560ti but had to send it back because of overheating the main thing i want is nvidia to say something about the cards because i really miss bf3 and want to play it but i want the best thing i can get now to future proof so far i have 600t back case and 8gb ram.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 6:03:39 AM

wait
gtx6 will consume less power per performance
m
0
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 10:21:01 AM

I do rather not wait, SLI those GTX 570 and skip kepler... Also tell me the power supply
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 29, 2012 1:26:19 PM

I generally support getting a single, powerful card in lieu of two on a brand-new build. This will leave you room for a future upgrade and save you money in the long run. I'd go with a 7970 if you don't feel like killing time until Kepler.
Yes, PSU, please.
m
0
l
January 29, 2012 9:33:03 PM

refillable said:
I do rather not wait, SLI those GTX 570 and skip kepler... Also tell me the power supply

850w corsair
m
0
l
January 29, 2012 9:35:03 PM

kajabla said:
I generally support getting a single, powerful card in lieu of two on a brand-new build. This will leave you room for a future upgrade and save you money in the long run. I'd go with a 7970 if you don't feel like killing time until Kepler.
Yes, PSU, please.

Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 29, 2012 9:46:59 PM

Well, that'll do fine for two of any single-GPU card on the market. It'll certainly run two 7970s, which don't use all that much power (less than a 580, anyway).
m
0
l
January 30, 2012 4:28:19 AM

kajabla said:
I generally support getting a single, powerful card in lieu of two on a brand-new build. This will leave you room for a future upgrade and save you money in the long run. I'd go with a 7970 if you don't feel like killing time until Kepler.
Yes, PSU, please.

and also can i just run a gtx580 superclocked with a amd 955 BE until i get i5 and new motherboard in may ?
m
0
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 30, 2012 4:33:21 AM

I'd suggest the 7950 over the 580. The 7950 is coming jan31 and should be more powerful for less money. and you should have no problem with the 955be till you get a i5.
m
0
l
January 30, 2012 4:36:29 AM

esrever said:
I'd suggest the 7950 over the 580. The 7950 is coming jan31 and should be more powerful for less money. and you should have no problem with the 955be till you get a i5.

thanks so much man :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 30, 2012 11:57:30 AM

...but why not get the still-more-powerful 7970, which is available now?
m
0
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 30, 2012 12:21:50 PM

romario said:
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified

Get a 7970, Crossfire it later when you have the money, then skip kepler, wait for later keplers (GTX 7xx or 8xx I dunno) or maxwell if possible, then be happy :) .
m
0
l
January 30, 2012 7:16:07 PM

:D 
refillable said:
Get a 7970, Crossfire it later when you have the money, then skip kepler, wait for later keplers (GTX 7xx or 8xx I dunno) or maxwell if possible, then be happy :) .

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 30, 2012 10:02:12 PM

All will be well with the world.
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 1:39:48 AM

romario said:
should i sli x2 gtx 570 or x2 gtx 560ti 448 and is it true that the gtx 680 comes out in february ?

will x2 gtx 580 work with i52500k i don't have money for a i7
m
0
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 2:43:48 AM

i5 2500k is going to be OK, until up to gtx 580 tri-fire. And in gaming, i5-2500k is not far slower than i7-2600k (small difference only). Why do you also want to get GTX 580? Didn't I tell you to buy 7970? 7970 is faster mate...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 4, 2012 12:17:27 AM

Seriously. AMD is the way to go with Kepler still in the dark.
Yeah, the 2500K's fine.
m
0
l
February 11, 2012 4:11:01 AM

refillable said:
i5 2500k is going to be OK, until up to gtx 580 tri-fire. And in gaming, i5-2500k is not far slower than i7-2600k (small difference only). Why do you also want to get GTX 580? Didn't I tell you to buy 7970? 7970 is faster mate...

i know im just trying to go with whats best right now for the money i have and the setup
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 11, 2012 11:18:16 AM

That would be the 7970. Or the 7950.
m
0
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 11:36:34 AM

romario said:
i know im just trying to go with whats best right now for the money i have and the setup

7950/7970 way to go.
m
0
l
February 11, 2012 12:11:19 PM

I think you should wait for Kepler, but I think it will come out later than February.
m
0
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 12:21:06 PM

agreed with both kajabla and refillable hd 7950 and hd 7970 are the way to go for thier higher performance and newer tech.
m
0
l
!