Fast User Switching in Windows XP

I cannot get my "Fast User Switching" to work. I am not a part of a domain
and I have followed all of the steps in the tutorials and troubleshooters. I
log in under an Administarative account, I go into User Accounts and into
"change how users log on...". I click Fast User Switching and click ok. But
everytime I try to go to Start Menu on Desktop and click log off, the "Switch
Users" option is never available. What am I doing wrong???

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

You don't ever want Fast User Switching! It is such a resource hog, that it
bogs down the computer. What happens is, Windows stars a whole new computer
on the same computer that another account is running on. You are running
applications under both accounts...essentially running two computers on one
computer! Why would you want that? Log off!!!

Hi,

This might help you:

How To Use the Fast User Switching Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279765&sd=tech

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"EDGE Productions" <EDGE Productions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get my "Fast User Switching" to work. I am not a part of a domain
> and I have followed all of the steps in the tutorials and troubleshooters. I
> log in under an Administarative account, I go into User Accounts and into
> "change how users log on...". I click Fast User Switching and click ok. But
> everytime I try to go to Start Menu on Desktop and click log off, the "Switch
> Users" option is never available. What am I doing wrong???

TRENDING THREADS