Sign in with
Your question

HTPC/Mild Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
March 28, 2012 9:40:03 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as i get my Tax Refund Next few days hopefully.

Budget Range: Cheaper the better but not over 700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: HD Video Playback, Gaming (FFXI mostly, a little skyrim but doesn't need to of super high graphics), Web Surfing, Light Video/Audio editing

Parts Not Required: OS I have a Copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com used them before amazon.com is ok if you find a better deal at somewhere i don't know about let me know open to most

Parts Preferences: by brand or type ADM Processor is Preferred, Nividia Graphics (HDMI out hooking to TV) is Better over all for FFXI everything else I leave up to you experts

Overclocking: Yes (if doable on my budget)

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: what ever my TV will put out 1920x???? crap for got the rest.

Additional Comments: Want it to look like a Stereo Unit in my Entertainment Center

More about : htpc mild gaming

a b 4 Gaming
March 28, 2012 10:50:31 PM

My choice would be an AMD Llano CPU for this usage. The integrated graphics are fantastic for HD content and still good for casual gaming. Not having to add a graphics card will also keep the power consumption, noise and heat to a minimum which is always good in a HTPC.

This is at the top end of your budget but should be fantastic for your usage:

AMD A8-3850 OEM
Scythe SCSK-1100
G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
ASRock A55M-HVS FM1
Crucial M4 64GB
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
LIAN LI PC-C37B
SeaSonic SS-300ET 300W
LG BD-RW

Total - $689.91

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 29, 2012 12:08:25 AM

^The Sugo SG05 + 300W 80+ PSU is also a great combo. You'll have to go for a mITX motherboard though.
m
l
Related resources
March 29, 2012 2:08:54 AM

Is a Soild state really need? and is there anywhere i cut a little fat from that. the case as nice as it is is kinda expincive.
sorry for all the questions i have been outta the game to long I guess
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 29, 2012 8:28:10 AM

I personally consider the SSD and case to be 2 of the more important parts in this kind of build but if you don't see it that way, you could always get a cheaper case and drop the SSD. You really only need 4GB of RAM too.

If you drop the SSD, go down to 4GB RAM and change the case to something like the ML03B, the price will go down to around $500. It would just mean the system would be slightly noisier and slightly less responsive and have a plastic front panel instead of aluminium.
m
l
!