Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Recycle Bin/Properties/Global... uncheck "Display delete confirmation
dialog"; you can also pick immediate removal under the same tab.
Michael

"Michael" wrote:

> Recycle Bin/Properties/Global... uncheck "Display delete confirmation
> dialog"; you can also pick immediate removal under the same tab.
> Michael
> "Bundy" <bundy@adsl.on.net> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> > How do i delete a file without windows asking me for confirmation.

Hi, all. I'm kind of new to this site. I've got sort of a new question
about deleting files.

I wanted to customize and create my desktop themes by inserting different
pictures that I either had already or found on the internet. I saw two on
the internet that I wanted to save into my desktop and I right clicked on
it...and then clicked "save as desktop". I thought it would take the picture
to the desktop file in which I could make it my desktop picture if I wanted.
To my surprise, I signed off and saw my desktop picture, which was orginally
one of the windows photos...and the two pictures I found and tried to save as
a desktop were ON my screen, with the windows photo still there. It looks
awful, and I have no idea how to get those two pictures off. I can't find
the file, and I don't know where it was saved to.
Is there anyway I can get those pictures off? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

*Note: I wanted only ONE of those as a desktop picture and for it to cover
the whole screen, not part of the screen which is what it looks like now. The
sizing is off and one of the pictures is cut off. Please help. Thanks!

zulu

System Restore to just before the event...?

"Ambience" <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, all. I'm kind of new to this site. I've got sort of a new question
> about deleting files.
>
> I wanted to customize and create my desktop themes by inserting different
> pictures that I either had already or found on the internet. I saw two on
> the internet that I wanted to save into my desktop and I right clicked on
> it...and then clicked "save as desktop". I thought it would take the
> picture
> to the desktop file in which I could make it my desktop picture if I
> wanted.
> To my surprise, I signed off and saw my desktop picture, which was
> orginally
> one of the windows photos...and the two pictures I found and tried to save
> as
> a desktop were ON my screen, with the windows photo still there. It looks
> awful, and I have no idea how to get those two pictures off. I can't find
> the file, and I don't know where it was saved to.
> Is there anyway I can get those pictures off? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> *Note: I wanted only ONE of those as a desktop picture and for it to
> cover
> the whole screen, not part of the screen which is what it looks like now.
> The
> sizing is off and one of the pictures is cut off. Please help. Thanks!

Maybe I'm more computer illiterate than I thought. I'm not sure what you mean
by "system restore to just before the event".

"zulu" wrote:

> System Restore to just before the event...?
>
> "Ambience" <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, all. I'm kind of new to this site. I've got sort of a new question
> > about deleting files.
> >
> > I wanted to customize and create my desktop themes by inserting different
> > pictures that I either had already or found on the internet. I saw two on
> > the internet that I wanted to save into my desktop and I right clicked on
> > it...and then clicked "save as desktop". I thought it would take the
> > picture
> > to the desktop file in which I could make it my desktop picture if I
> > wanted.
> > To my surprise, I signed off and saw my desktop picture, which was
> > orginally
> > one of the windows photos...and the two pictures I found and tried to save
> > as
> > a desktop were ON my screen, with the windows photo still there. It looks
> > awful, and I have no idea how to get those two pictures off. I can't find
> > the file, and I don't know where it was saved to.
> > Is there anyway I can get those pictures off? Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > *Note: I wanted only ONE of those as a desktop picture and for it to
> > cover
> > the whole screen, not part of the screen which is what it looks like now.
> > The
> > sizing is off and one of the pictures is cut off. Please help. Thanks!

"Ambience" <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| Maybe I'm more computer illiterate than I thought. I'm not sure what you mean
| by "system restore to just before the event".

Start
Help and Support
"System Restore"

I understand now. I did that, and thank you all very much! It worked! I also
learned something. Thanks again! :)

"a nonymous" wrote:

> "Ambience" <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> | Maybe I'm more computer illiterate than I thought. I'm not sure what you mean
> | by "system restore to just before the event".
>
> Start
> Help and Support
> "System Restore"

Bundy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

Ambience wrote:

> "Michael" wrote:
>

>>Recycle Bin/Properties/Global... uncheck "Display delete confirmation
>>dialog"; you can also pick immediate removal under the same tab.
>>Michael
>>"Bundy" <bundy@adsl.on.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi All
>>>How do i delete a file without windows asking me for confirmation.

Thanks for the help