Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is a intel quadcore q8300 compat 4 a intel dual core e2180

Last response: in CPUs
July 12, 2012 1:55:28 AM

Hello, need 2 upgrade my tower, and have a intel quad core q8300 on hand. Will it function properly to replace a intel dual core e2180? It is in an Acer aspire tower. They both have 775 sockets(lga) The tekkie wsnt absolutely sure on compatibility. I need to kno that b4 I dive in. Rather not waste the time if it won't work.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 12, 2012 2:46:20 AM

Drummrgrl55 said:
Hello, need 2 upgrade my tower, and have a intel quad core q8300 on hand. Will it function properly to replace a intel dual core e2180? It is in an Acer aspire tower. They both have 775 sockets(lga) The tekkie wsnt absolutely sure on compatibility. I need to kno that b4 I dive in. Rather not waste the time if it won't work.

Try to find out the name and brand of the mobo in the tower....u can try using CPU-Z's mobo tab to find out, and then google will help u after that to find out if its compatible or not :) 
July 22, 2012 1:24:57 AM

$hawn said:
Try to find out the name and brand of the mobo in the tower....u can try using CPU-Z's mobo tab to find out, and then google will help u after that to find out if its compatible or not :) 

Shawn, the best I could come up with was a mebbe it will, or mebbe it won't. I ws directed to CPU World, which had a comparison between the 2 cpu's. And one other site (lost that thread) one builder suggested switching out the dual core for the quadcore, for a gamer tower setup. You are the only thread that responded, so I guess I will give it a go. Thanks for your help. Jami :bounce: 
m
l
July 22, 2012 1:25:08 AM

Best answer selected by Drummrgrl55.
m
l
Related resources
!