Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer stuck in booting loop

Last response: in Systems
March 29, 2012 1:47:54 AM

I wonder if any of you can help. ,

I have rather new computer, assembled myself in late December 2011. Functioning well, playing X-plane and MFS until one week ago when I bought new Samsung LED 22in.TV/PC-Monitor and decided to try connecting computer to it via HDMI connection. Computer never booted fully while so connected. I removed from connection and plugged video to previous monitor it was working with before, via DVI connector. Still not working since. What happens always is a sequential booting loop of one second on, then off for about 3 seconds, then 15 seconds on, then off again for about 3 seconds, then the loop cycle repeats itself continuously, unless I turn the power supply off. Not enough time on for me to get access to the BIOS. I removed and replaced the battery, in order to reset CMOS.
I tried to run monitor from the motherboard's video connection (instead of my videocard) but no success there either.
I have checked each connector of power supply: it puts out correct voltages to all connectors, with only one fan as load; did not try it under full load.
I verified all connections, reseated all cards, just in case, even reseated CPU, with new silver paste between it and my Corsair CWCH60 liquid cooler.
No capacitors appear burnt or deformed on the motherboard.
Any advice of what else to try? Any idea or what might be malfunctioning?
Can't get BIOS version as can't access it, since computer does not boot but I tend to remember that it was F10.

Denis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F10
Serial No. : SN111940120209
Purchase Dealer : TigerDirect.ca
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI 2GB
CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core i5-2500K Speed : 3.3GHz
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :
Memory Brand : Corsair Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 16GB Speed : 1600MHz
Power Supply : Corsair CX600W
Seagate 1TB ATA HD
Creative Lav Sound Blaster Audigy SE
TrendNet wireless N PCI adapter
Samsung DCD writer
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
March 29, 2012 2:04:46 AM

This is what I call a WAG (Wild ass guess).. What happens if you remove the 560TI and try to boot the computer with the monitor plugged into the onboard port?

If it will boot that way, see what happens if you can get into BIOS and disable the on-board video and put the 560TI back in.
m
l
March 29, 2012 11:35:48 PM

I have tried to remove video card and use the onboard videochip to run my monitor but got same result of booting loop.

Denis
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 29, 2012 11:58:44 PM

Try booting the system up with only 1 stick of RAM installed, try all sticks on their own. Hope this helps!
April 1, 2012 11:58:16 PM

I have tried with only one RAM stick and each stick on its own with similar results.
I remove modo entirely and tried it sitting on a cardboard (in case it was shorting in the case), with only cpu, its cooler and fan, used the onboard video connection to run my monitor, and 1 stick of RAM at a time -- got same results (i.e. booting loop) once again.

Denis
m
l
April 12, 2012 11:22:34 AM

Best answer selected by denisal.
m
l
!