Virtual Desktop

Hello All,
I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual Desktop."
The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From searching
through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual Desktop
Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?

RJJ
6 answers Last reply
More about virtual desktop

    Problem Solved.

    RJJ

    "RJJ" wrote:

    > Hello All,
    > I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual Desktop."
    > The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From searching
    > through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual Desktop
    > Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?
    >
    > RJJ

    How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!

    "RJJ" wrote:

    > Problem Solved.
    >
    > RJJ
    >
    > "RJJ" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello All,
    > > I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual Desktop."
    > > The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From searching
    > > through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual Desktop
    > > Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > RJJ

    Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on "Desktop
    Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in %Systemroot%\help

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!
    >
    > "RJJ" wrote:
    >
    >> Problem Solved.
    >>
    >> RJJ
    >>
    >> "RJJ" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hello All,
    >> > I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual
    >> > Desktop."
    >> > The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From
    >> > searching
    >> > through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual
    >> > Desktop
    >> > Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?
    >> >
    >> > RJJ

    How to move window from one virtual desktop to another?
    CTRL+WIN+1/2/3/4 didn't work :(

    > Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on
    > "Desktop Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in
    > %Systemroot%\help
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!
    >>
    >> "RJJ" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Problem Solved.
    >>>
    >>> RJJ

    Thanks for the help!

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on "Desktop
    > Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in %Systemroot%\help
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!
    > >
    > > "RJJ" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Problem Solved.
    > >>
    > >> RJJ

    From %Systemroot%\System32\VDM.CHM help file, see topic "Switch between
    desktops"

    Switch between desktops

    Click the Quick Switch button on the taskbar for the desktop that you want
    to open.
    -or-
    Press the shortcut key that you set for the desktop that you want to open.
    For example, click or press Winkey+2 to open desktop number 2.
    Note
    You can modify the shortcut keys that you use to open each desktop or
    Preview mode. Right-click any of the five VDM buttons on the taskbar, and
    then click Configure Shortcut Keys to make your changes.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Vitaly Vaghnais" <vitaly.vaghnais@gattaca-server.com> wrote in message

    > How to move window from one virtual desktop to another?
    > CTRL+WIN+1/2/3/4 didn't work :(

    >> Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on
    >> "Desktop Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in
    >> %Systemroot%\help
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP