Best Headphone For My Sound Card?

Tags:
  • Headphones
  • Sound Cards
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
July 12, 2012 3:30:29 AM

Hi, recently I have purchased Asus Xonar DG 5.1 dound card. its specially good for headphones. I am searching for really good headphones. My budget is max $120. Can you please suggest which headphone should I go to make full utilize of my sound card to have great music and gaming sound?

More about : headphone sound card

July 12, 2012 2:48:38 PM

Hello !

Are you looking for headphones or a headset, the latter having a microphone ?
Since you're talking about gaming, I'd guess you're looking for a headset.

If I were you I'd take a look here. Those headsets should all be in your price-range.

In my opinion, Sennheiser makes the best headphones/headsets out there, but they come at a premium.

If I were you, I'd wait a bit and save some more money for the Sennheiser PC 333D. For the price, about 200$ (You could probably get them for 180$) they are excellent. If you're willing to pay even more, then go with the Sennheiser PC 360 (about 280$).

If you really want to stick to your budget, then go with the Sennheiser PC 330.

I've just realized that you bought the Xonar DG (about 20$) and not the DX (80$). Considering that, I'd say go with the PC 330. You probably wouldn't profit from a higher quality headset.

Good shopping,
al360ex
m
l
July 12, 2012 3:37:15 PM

Sennheiser's PC brand headsets are OK for gaming, not so much for music. [My PC350's sound horrible compared to audiophile grade headphones on my Xense]. Never tried their HD series though.

I'd look at brands like Grado, Audio Technica, BeyerDynmaic, and others.
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2012 3:49:48 PM

gamerk316 said:
Never tried their HD series though.

Their HD series is specifically designed for audiophiles. They are also way out of his budget. And anyway, with a Xonar DG the OP probably wouldn't hear the difference between the Sennheiser PC 330 and the Sennheiser HD 800.
m
l
July 12, 2012 4:52:25 PM

gamerk316 said:
Sennheiser's PC brand headsets are OK for gaming, not so much for music. [My PC350's sound horrible compared to audiophile grade headphones on my Xense]. Never tried their HD series though.

I'd look at brands like Grado, Audio Technica, BeyerDynmaic, and others.

Please suggest some mode no
m
l
!