Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Build
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2012 2:49:28 PM

Considering you guys read this title, can an Nvidea GeForce 8800GTX + this pc

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-dt1410-desktop-pc-...

Play MW3 and GTA IV ?

Any pointers etc would be helpful, heard your a fast responding community.

More about : pointes build play gta mw3

January 22, 2012 2:58:31 PM

Anyone able to tell me if i can play those games and what expected performance please ?
a b Î Nvidia
January 22, 2012 2:58:44 PM

Please Marcus, do not buy a PC from PC world... I beg of you!

We have a Homebuild section on this forum, please make use of it, you'll get much better performance for your money.

:) 

Do the right thing
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
January 22, 2012 3:00:34 PM

You should be ok on the CPU front. While not fast anymore, the 8800GTX should allow those games to be ran at decent enough settings. (won't be maxed but should be pretty.) I question however if the PSU will be enough to run the 8800GTX.
January 22, 2012 3:04:17 PM

Apparently the PSU is fine, until you use the benefits of adding an extra identicle graphics card in SLI mode.

And im buying from PCWORLD because its the only place were i can get this deal and for the specs its very beasty I say.

Unless any other decent reason,Preferably I do not want to build from scratch :\
a b Î Nvidia
January 22, 2012 3:15:37 PM

How do you know the PSU is fine?
January 22, 2012 3:28:11 PM

From reviews on the pc working with the card, I have done my research and it all fits in the pci-e slot and the other slot im using to connect a wireless N 300mbps adapter for better range than the default dongle + xbox wireless reciever to use my xbox controller on pc games + wireless bluetooth headset which will be used for chatting :) 

The question was, what games can it play and how well !
a b Î Nvidia
January 22, 2012 4:32:54 PM

Then seeing as I have no idea if the PSU can even power an 8800GTX, I'm going to say it won't work at all. The 8800GTX needs a lot of power and the stock PSU isn't up to the task.
January 22, 2012 4:53:28 PM

To answer your question, yeah a 8800gtx will be be able to play those games, but not on highest settings.
GTA IV is mostly cpu heavy but its badly programmed so who knows how itll do.
All cod games are built around the xbox/playstation, so they wont be very heavy anyway.
January 22, 2012 4:54:48 PM

iMarcus said:
From reviews on the pc working with the card, I have done my research and it all fits in the pci-e slot and the other slot im using to connect a wireless N 300mbps adapter for better range than the default dongle + xbox wireless reciever to use my xbox controller on pc games + wireless bluetooth headset which will be used for chatting :) 

The question was, what games can it play and how well !

Could probably play most things at low settings. But the PSU has to be up to snuff. Its honestly not a beastly build whatsoever. That video card is what now 5 generations old? For 2007 its great.
January 22, 2012 4:56:25 PM

4745454b said:
Then seeing as I have no idea if the PSU can even power an 8800GTX, I'm going to say it won't work at all. The 8800GTX needs a lot of power and the stock PSU isn't up to the task.

+1 agreed
January 22, 2012 5:03:52 PM

Are you comfortable assembling your own tower, if so you will get a considerable boost in performance by buying the parts you NEED and not the crud companies sell in there pre-built systems.

I am sure we will give you all the assistance you need to help get your PC together, if you decide to build your own. And you usually save money by doing it yourself.

Good Luck!!
January 22, 2012 11:09:14 PM

After more research i found that advent pc only has x1 pci-e slots and not x16 which i NEED!!!

So i found another quad core i5 2400 with 8GB RAM and a 1tb hard drive with 6 2.0 usbs 2 3.0 usbs and at least one pci-e slot, on which is already an nvidea gts450 card all coming to £520.

Then my peripherals etc.... Thanks for the help :) 
!