What Would Cause The GPU and CPU Temps Increase 15-20C , After 6 Month

My gpu used to work at 77C but now it overheats and goes over 100C

My cpu used to work at 60C, now it sees 75C ?

What could have caused the gpu and cpu to increase the temps this much?

The only change i made to pc is to add 3x4gb ram sticks.

I have a 600w ocz stealthstream (2.5 year old) i suspect its about die. Could a dying psu result in these temperatures?
11 answers Last reply
More about what temps increase month
  1. It is probably caused by faultly fans or fans that are clogged with dust. Have you moved your PC at all? My friend built a cupboard for his so it was out of sight and wondered why it ran hotter.
  2. no it is a tthe same spot for 6 months

the gpu is zotac gtx 560
    cpu is i5 2400k
  3. Paste could have dried up (very unlikely), is the system dusty?
  4. no it is not dusty
  5. Are the fans spinning properly?
  6. yes. I also cleaned the inside of the case with vacuum cleaner , no change in temps
  7. Hmm weird, I had the same problem with my old rig (q6600 @ 80+ C @ idle lol) but it returned to normal temps after removing the immense amount of dust it had collected.
  8. Maybe it has aids?
  9. Thomas_89 said:
    Hmm weird, I had the same problem with my old rig (q6600 @ 80+ C @ idle lol) but it returned to normal temps after removing the immense amount of dust it had collected.

i'm about to go out and buy a new psu because its the only explanation i have for this situation. I had a similar problem like this 3 years ago , was fixed when i got a new psu
  10. Just me but I wont buy a OCZ again, took out half my system.
  11. Has it become SUMMER in your place ?? :D

The temperature difference between winter and summer can easily cause the ambient temps to increase, thereby affecting BOTH the CPU and GPU temps :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs GPUs