Installing GTS 250

rockodss

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
So I bought myself a nice GTX560 and I sold my old GTS250 to a friend.

So yesterday I went to his home and Installed it.
Everything is dandy, the PC starting up and I can see on the screen.

but after I restarted the PC, after installing the 285.65 nvidia driver, the screen is black.....no signal.
So I went back to his integrated GPU and its fine. so I let it like that I told him I'll be back tomorrow (today) with a solution. This morning he called me and told me the integrated GPU aint working either now... no signal...

So I thought the GPU (GTS250) that was still in, kicked on. but not really.... no GPU are working now -_-...

Anyone know whats going on here?

PS: Before installing the nvidia driver, I unintalled the ATI driver (cuz he had an old ATI 1650x).

rockodss

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Ok so a head up, I got to his home today. plugged it back on the video card.... and magic.. It worked!

The power supply is an 475W 80% approval. Not sure about the brand. but I know for sure its good enough since I had a 450w with that same gts250.

So I suppose the cable were in default maybe... but I double checked yesterday and everything was screw in tight. Even tried with another VGA cable.

But hey, its working now and we played GTA4 2 hours without any problem or lag.

I also double checked bios to make sure it was PCIE>PCI>integraded.

so the problem is solve but I dunno how so it still bugging me xD well Thx for the help anyway and tell me what your guess would be if it happen again anytime soon. Thanks!