Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower Case

nakota2

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hi all,
I am about to build a server using the new Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower case as the enclosure. I am going to be replacing and adding a number of fans but don't seem to be able to find size specs for the compartments. If you have a look at a video of the case, you'll see that it has a compartment above the "roof" that will accept 3 x 120 mm fans. I'd like to install 3 x Scythe Ultra Kaze fans there. They measure 120 x 120 x 38 mm.

I'd also like to install four fans in the bottom compartment where the power supply lives along with a possible 6 hard drives. I would like to know if I can install the same type of fans in there as well? Two on each side and still have enough room for the drive cages? I believe there is a possibility of mounting yet another fan in the front panel that leads into the hard drive area. Might I be able to mount yet another fan there?

Hope some one can run a tape measure over these areas and let me know, I'd really appreciate the help.

Regards,
John.

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Yes you should be able to mount it just fine but I did a little tinkering with mine.
(120mm fans)btw I used Noctua fans painted them black(the skeleton not the fan itself)

I adjusted the part with the drive cages it has enough room actually shouldfit 120mm fine but I made mine to be more on the exposed side so had to add some panels

nakota2

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hi Tavo Nova,
So, what you are saying is that the top fan compartment where the original 200 mm fan is mounted is 38 mm deep or more?

Also, is there enough room to mount four fans in the bottom behind the PSU in a push/pull setup? I would need enough room to leave the drive cages in place. Finally, I think there is room for a fifth fan there. Could I fit yet another fan in that place? RemeThe Scythe fans are 38 mm thick. mbering that I would like to use the Scythe fans every where if possible. Noctua NF-P12's or 14's are my second option too. I'll be using the NH-D14 cooler with an extra fan and replacing the 120 mm fan with a 140 mm.

Regards,
John.

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
cool I'm using a noctua nh-d14 on my system too on cosmos II.

well on my cosmos II I had 3 fans on top and no problem with spacing on my noctua nh-d14

on the bottom on the right side hdd cage you can fit 2 more there or even a rad.
I had a push/pull config down there for 4 fans, I think you can fit another one for 5 as it's such a monster case i haven't tried it but I'll take a look once I'm back home.

btw If i recall right the noctua fan on my case has still quite a lot of spacing with my noctua nh-d14 cpu cooler and I think noctua fans are 25mm and the kaze fans are 38 right?

there should be some space left but i believe it would be a tight spacing.

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
well I think he does, but there are people who doesn't care whether it's loud or not, well for me I like it normal reason why I kept noctua fans (it's actually the only decent fans available besides those deepcool fans and such) and it's fairly quite even if I turn up the fan speedwell maybe because the case is so big got lot's of room and I'm using Head phone

nakota2

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

Hi there again,
Yes, the Scythe are noisy. I got one from my supplier to try out. I also intend to fully load the Cosmos II with them. However, my house is fully Ethernet wired so I can, if needed, put the server in another room and isolate it from my office.