Upgrading my HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500z need help

dayodadude

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hi i am wanting to upgrade my HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500z and dont want to buy a new card and psu that i cant use does anyone know what kind of psu would fit in this pc and if it could handle a geforce 560ti by chance? any help would be awesome!

What cpu/ ram do you have?
I looked at he specs online and it has a pciex16 so it can fit the card, and the hp case should be able to fit a 500/600w standard size power supply. Best thing you can do is open up the side panel. Look for a pciex16 slot and also your psu in those cases i believe are top mounted. My dad had a similar hp tower that we were able to squeeze a 700w psu in.

Dont sweat it.
Im sure you would be ok upgrading your psu and card based on my experience with an almost identical tower and your mobo specs listing pciex16. I would double check the slot and dimensions before hand by looking in there, but am sure youwill be fine
also get a tape measure and check the length of the case. it should fit a 9" card such as the 560Ti, but youre going to want to be double sure before buying.