Last response: in Systems
March 29, 2012 12:38:59 PM

I have a big problem Guys. Here are my specs before I continue:
CPU: AMD x6 1100T
MOTHERBOARD: GA-890 ud5
RAM: CORSEHAIR VENGENCE 1600 16gigs
VIDEO CARD: ATI 6850HD
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W BRONZE

2 months ago I transferred my old rig to a new case and get no post. Video card fans spin, CPU fan spins, as well as case fans. Computer was working 100% before case trasnfer.

Purchased new power supply same specs
NO POST

Purchased new video card: NVIDIA 560GTX
NO POST Returned video card

So I forked over the cash and bought new components but kept the new Powersupply. Same specs. I benchtested it out of the case and still got no post.

New motherboard purchased was ASUS 990 SAbertooth. I even bought a new bios chip for the Asus board. I bench tested my rig on the motherboard box before I placed it in my case and still no post. I am running out of ideas so I bought a case speaker. These are the beeps I get:

NO CPU NO RAM NO VIDEO CARDS
CPU MISSING BEEP

With the CPU IN no ram and no video card. Multiple beeps.

WITH CPU IN, VIDEO CARD IN, NO RAM
multiple beeps

CPU IN 2 Ram Sticks in No video card 1 short beep

CPU, RAM, and Video Card in no beeps.

I am running out of ideas guys and I rma'd the asus saberthooth three times and still get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I also had the standoffs in when I switched my old rig to the new case.

More about : post case swap

a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 12:55:22 PM

ketanjn said:
I have a big problem Guys. Here are my specs before I continue:
CPU: AMD x6 1100T
MOTHERBOARD: GA-890 ud5
RAM: CORSEHAIR VENGENCE 1600 16gigs
VIDEO CARD: ATI 6850HD
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W BRONZE

2 months ago I transferred my old rig to a new case and get no post. Video card fans spin, CPU fan spins, as well as case fans. Computer was working 100% before case trasnfer.

Purchased new power supply same specs
NO POST

Purchased new video card: NVIDIA 560GTX
NO POST Returned video card

So I forked over the cash and bought new components but kept the new Powersupply. Same specs. I benchtested it out of the case and still got no post.

New motherboard purchased was ASUS 990 SAbertooth. I even bought a new bios chip for the Asus board. I bench tested my rig on the motherboard box before I placed it in my case and still no post. I am running out of ideas so I bought a case speaker. These are the beeps I get:

NO CPU NO RAM NO VIDEO CARDS
CPU MISSING BEEP

With the CPU IN no ram and no video card. Multiple beeps.

WITH CPU IN, VIDEO CARD IN, NO RAM
multiple beeps

CPU IN 2 Ram Sticks in No video card 1 short beep

CPU, RAM, and Video Card in no beeps.

I am running out of ideas guys and I rma'd the asus saberthooth three times and still get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I also had the standoffs in when I switched my old rig to the new case.

A couple of quick questions. Is your CPU overclocked? Have you tried putting everything back the way it was (old case, etc,)?
m
l
Related resources
March 29, 2012 1:13:54 PM

No I have't overclocked my cpu and I have went through the Toms Hardware Checklist. I also had all the standoffs installed correctly no more or less. I had everything assembled the same as my old case as well.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:17:04 PM

You mentioned testing and getting beep codes. Have you looked them up?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:17:11 PM

ketanjn said:
No I have't overclocked my cpu and I have went through the Toms Hardware Checklist. I also had all the standoffs installed correctly no more or less. I had everything assembled the same as my old case as well.

What I meant was did you put it all back in your old case and did it work then?
m
l
March 29, 2012 1:19:08 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Yes I did try putting everything back in the original case still no luck.

The Multiple beep codes state there is no ram
1 Beep Code Successful Post
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:23:33 PM

ketanjn said:
Thanks for clarifying. Yes I did try putting everything back in the original case still no luck.

The Multiple beep codes state there is no ram
1 Beep Code Successful Post

You might try cleaning the contacts on the RAM modules and re-seating them. I use an old pink pencil eraser. Also check your DIMM slots for damaged contacts. If the Beep codes indicate a problem with memory, then the MoBo has a problem with the memory, We just have to figure out what that problem is! :cry:  :D 

EDIT... Just re-read your original post. Try cleaning the contacts for the Video card, and check the PCI/E slots for damaged contacts. Also make sure that the 6-pin PCI/E power is correctly plugged into the Video card.

Maybe even check that the monitor is correctly connected to the vid card... I'm grasping at straws here.. :??: 
m
l
March 29, 2012 1:26:44 PM

Let me clarify that. I only got the ram beep when no ram was present in the motherboard. With the ram in no video card i get the 1 short successful short beep. I get no beeps when video card is present.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:34:54 PM

ketanjn said:
Let me clarify that. I only got the ram beep when no ram was present in the motherboard. With the ram in no video card i get the 1 short successful short beep. I get no beeps when video card is present. The ram is brand new straight out of the box and the new mobo gives the same exact problem.

Well apparently the only constant is the CPU. Do you have access to an older AM3 CPU that you can try (maybe borrow)? It is sounding more and more like a processor problem.
m
l
March 29, 2012 1:38:03 PM

Well, I purchased the same CPU which i have currently in my Asus Motherboard the other other 6core is in my gigabyte they are both giving the same exact problem no post. The asus motherboard failed to post right out of the package on a bench test.
m
l
March 29, 2012 1:43:41 PM

The CPU is brand new straight out of the box and the new mobo gives the same exact problem. Not sure if you are familiar with the sabertooth but it has 3 diagnostic lights. 1 for cpu, ram, and video card. The ram light cuts on and cuts off which means the ram is working. The cpu light cuts on and off. The video card light stays on but the fans are spinning of the card are spinning.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:44:09 PM

ketanjn said:
Well, I purchased the same CPU which i have currently in my Asus Motherboard the other other 6core is in my gigabyte they are both giving the same exact problem no post. The asus motherboard failed to post right out of the package on a bench test.

So you are saying you get no post with either motherboard? Also did you try your old PSU again?
m
l
March 29, 2012 1:46:49 PM

Yes I'm getting no post with both motherboards and I tried both PSU's same problem. I tested both PSU's with my psu tester and all rails light up.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:49:38 PM

At this point, I am thinking either a MoBo or Vid card problem..You get a successful post w/o a vid card installed, that indicates to me that the CPU is ok. With the VC installed, no post. Either the VC is bad, or where it interfaces with the MoBo is bad.
Do you have another PC to test the Vid Card in?
m
l
March 29, 2012 1:54:18 PM

I'm taking it to work. What is weird I already had bought a new video card and returned when I had the same result on my old motherboard. I should have kept it for my new motherboard. I'm hoping that it is the video card. Fingers crossed.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:58:22 PM

ketanjn said:
I'm taking it to work. What is weird I already had bought a new video card and returned when I had the same result on my old motherboard. I should have kept it for my new motherboard. I'm hoping that it is the video card. Fingers crossed.

And yet another reason to never buy a mobo without display outputs. You would have probably had your answer by now. Good luck to you.
m
l
March 29, 2012 2:03:51 PM

Unfornantly, majority of top of the line gaming motherboards don't have onboard :( 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 2:12:46 PM

ketanjn said:
Unfornantly, majority of top of the line gaming motherboards don't have onboard :( 

I know. It's not enough that they soak us for the boards they also want to soak us for the GPU's (which they also make)!
m
l
!