is it sparking when it's set to the off position as well? i get sparking when mines on, but that's to be expected
I'm asking my friend now.
You're kidding, right? You're asking whether it's safe to use a power supply that is sparking (it doesn't matter where)?
The sparking takes place on the power cord and I thought that the power cord itself made this happen. Just a thought.
I'm thinking that if it still can be use with that kind of burnt. Can I just remove the burnt particles then use it again?
Would be impossible though.
If the plug receptacle is in that shape, then it needs to be opened and electrically inspected, repaired and tested. I wouldn't trust that PSU; a good PSU should detect electrical abnormalities and shut itself down before damage like that occurs. What is the make and model of the PSU?
Edit: It would likely cost more to repair than to replace the PSU.
It's a Huntkey 500w , my friend said.