Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this PSU good for my PC?

Last response: in Components
Share
July 12, 2012 12:03:25 PM

Im looking to upgrade my PSU because it run a bit noise and not future proof. I been looking at this
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
It has 650W and 80 plus bronze.

Here is my build:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB

Will this PSU suitable my PC well? Thank you

More about : psu good

a c 158 ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 12:21:02 PM

A system with a single HD 6850 requires a 500W PSU with one 75W 6-pin PCIe power connector and at least 26A on the 12V rails. The ULT-LSP-650 is electrically sufficient and has sufficient power connectors. There are no good reviews on this product and the fact that Ultra only specifies 456W (38A) on the 12V rails makes me think that it is a liar-label PSU that should be rated as a 500W PSU. Good quality PSUs make most of the power available on their 12V rails because that is where the most power is drawn from in modern PCs. For example, this Seasonic M12II-520 - a 520W PSU - has more amperage available on the 12V rails than the Ultra LSP650. I would not recommend this PSU. For a few dollars more I would highly recommend the Seasonic M12II-520: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... If that doesn't meet your budget, then the Corsair CX430 has sufficient power (28A) and PCIe power connectors, is made by a reputable mfr with great customer support, and is half the cost of the LSP-650: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 12:26:46 PM

The Corsair clearly cheaper which is what I wanted. However, my only concern is that will it runs my PC because my PSU right now is 500W. Thanks again Rugger for replying this
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 12:30:21 PM

that psu no review and not good (38A=456W) .. i think many good PSU than this
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 12:37:08 PM

henydiah said:
that psu no review and not good (38A=456W) .. i think many good PSU than this

any recommendation?
m
0
l
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 12:41:16 PM

nguyen222 said:
The Corsair clearly cheaper which is what I wanted. However, my only concern is that will it runs my PC because my PSU right now is 500W. Thanks again Rugger for replying this

Not a progblem - glad to help. Yes, the CX430 is capable of running the system that you specified above. What is your current PSU? A good quality 500W PSU should be more than capable of running your planned upgrades.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 12:41:31 PM

depend your budget bro
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 12:44:03 PM

Rugger said:
Not a progblem - glad to help. Yes, the CX430 is capable of running the system that you specified above. What is your current PSU? A good quality 500W PSU should be more than capable of running your planned upgrades.

This is my current PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... it runs a bit loud not too loud but I just want a more quality one so it wont damage any of my expensive components lol
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 12:44:24 PM

henydiah said:
depend your budget bro

I would like to keep it under 60 i guess
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 12:48:43 PM

Lepa N500 worse than before ... although made by CWT (like corsair) but just (34A=408W) and No Certified and no review ...
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 158 ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 1:13:11 PM

nguyen222 said:
This is my current PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... it runs a bit loud not too loud but I just want a more quality one so it wont damage any of my expensive components lol

CWT makes the Builder series of PSUs for Corsair as well as the Lepa N500-SA. The PSUs may be of similar quality but there is no way to tell without some quality PSU reviews available for the N series from Lepa. Here is a review for the CX430 from a reputable site: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

The Lepa N500-SA is suffiicent for your build and looks like a decent budget-quality PSU. I can understand wanting a more quiet, better quality PSU. The issue is that those features will cost more. If you want a higher quality, more quiet PSU then my suggestion is to use your current PSU and save a few dollars more for the M12II-520: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... it is worth the $10 more that you will pay over the LSP550.

Edit: Here's a review of the non-modular version of the Seasonic M12II-520: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...
Share
July 12, 2012 2:55:30 PM

Best answer selected by nguyen222.
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 2:56:11 PM

Rugger said:
CWT makes the Builder series of PSUs for Corsair as well as the Lepa N500-SA. The PSUs may be of similar quality but there is no way to tell without some quality PSU reviews available for the N series from Lepa. Here is a review for the CX430 from a reputable site: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

The Lepa N500-SA is suffiicent for your build and looks like a decent budget-quality PSU. I can understand wanting a more quiet, better quality PSU. The issue is that those features will cost more. If you want a higher quality, more quiet PSU then my suggestion is to use your current PSU and save a few dollars more for the M12II-520: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... it is worth the $10 more that you will pay over the LSP550.

Edit: Here's a review of the non-modular version of the Seasonic M12II-520: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Thanks the SeaSonic M12II 520 looks good and it comes with 5 years so I think imma go for it. Im just wating if thier will be any discount or promotion then I will get it :) 
m
0
l
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 2:58:24 PM

It's already at a significant discount. You can put a price watch on it at Newegg; sometimes they'll drop prices based on those watches.
m
0
l
!