Enthusiast Rig yet LIGHTWIGHT and BEAUTIFUL BUILD

lukasdesign

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
Hi all,

well my problem might sound a bit wired, but I to assemble anew rig around a i5 2500k and a custom cooled geforce 680gtx. I am decided on most components but the case.

Fist I was in love with the corsair 600t or the obsidian 650d. I love clean looks and black interior painting. (Or silver in and outside). Looks are super important to (well more to my gf), as the pc will be placed in our living room next to the dinner table, which we use when having guests. This means that (without guest) the PC will be visible from almost all its sides. Therefore also the back view is somewhat important (i.e no black case with silver rear view etc)

However: the guests are responsible for an other issue: WEIGHT.

When we invite people i want to get rid of the case (i.e moving it into the sleeping room). So 600t and OBSIDIAN 650d are weighting 12kg each. How much will be the full build with a serious tower cooler??? Is that still moveable?

Unfortunatly i am horrible moddder so i will hardly abel to mount wheels or something like that on the case

Are there any great looking cases (to me this means stylish yet simple, as little plastic as possible if not in an extremly cool way like the 600t) that can be somehow moved around (from one room to the other, no LAN etc).

No my ideas: mATX???? Would that make ANY sense? I mean a 680gtx is a beast and I want it to be cool (no extrem overclock planed)

SilverStone TJ04-Evolution: not really much lighter...but at least a bit...how is that case according to your experience?

Lian Li PC-60FNWX is that case the best match to my needs?

thx to everybody!!

thehelix

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Don't think weight should be an issue with builds. If anything, you should be able to put the case on a cart with wheels and move it around. I have seen stands like those for PC cases before.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I understand your situation, but your build will be heavy even with a light case.

CoolerMaster 430/431.
Sharkoon Vaya (ugly but light)

The problem is that usually nicer metals look better, but cheap plastic body cases are lightest.

Yeah, you could probably get something suitable from ikea for about $10 :lol: If not, search for a case with wheels.