nikon d70 zoom kit (when did it go on sale)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see onecall has a Nikon d70 zoom kit which looks like a standard retail
Nikon offering of the telephoto lens plus extended warrantee and case.

Does anyone know when this kit was first offered? Was it soon after the d70
went on sale or later? I'm trying to determine if there may be a similar
offering for the d50 as soon as it comes out rather than buy the 2 lens kit
since this seems a better deal.

Thanks

--
Phil Tomaskovic
Please remove NOSPAM from email return address.

"Phil Tomaskovic" <philt56nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I see onecall has a Nikon d70 zoom kit which looks like a standard retail
>Nikon offering of the telephoto lens plus extended warrantee and case.
>
> Does anyone know when this kit was first offered? Was it soon after the
> d70 went on sale or later? I'm trying to determine if there may be a
> similar offering for the d50 as soon as it comes out rather than buy the 2
> lens kit since this seems a better deal.
>
> Thanks

Where did you see this? I don't remember ever seeing an extended warranty
from Nikon.

http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_25880.htm

Can't find it on Nikon's site, but onecall shows it as a boxed Nikon
product.

"Sheldon" <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net> wrote in message

> "Phil Tomaskovic" <philt56nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I see onecall has a Nikon d70 zoom kit which looks like a standard retail
>>Nikon offering of the telephoto lens plus extended warrantee and case.
>>
>> Does anyone know when this kit was first offered? Was it soon after the
>> d70 went on sale or later? I'm trying to determine if there may be a
>> similar offering for the d50 as soon as it comes out rather than buy the
>> 2 lens kit since this seems a better deal.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Where did you see this? I don't remember ever seeing an extended warranty
> from Nikon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006HIJ2S/qid=1118671795/sr=8-7/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i7_xgl23/103-9492543-2983865?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

also at amazon but they don't show the box, but list same contents

> http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_25880.htm

> Can't find it on Nikon's site, but onecall shows it as a boxed Nikon
> product.

Where? Certaintly not on the web page cited above, which distinctly shows
two separate boxes.

Sure looks like 1 box to me although I can see you might say 2 because of
the way the white side is separated from a picture on the box ... and amazon
has the same deal (through adorama and J&R). Here's J&R's link, they don't
show the box but show all the items. I assume it's a standard Nikon offering
if multiple camera shops are selling it.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4007384