Is Axle GT520 any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias_fj

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hi all!
I am currently building my gaming rig bit by bit and I came across a few GPUs selling for really cheap here in Fiji (and good stuff here is hard to find), and I was wondering if they were any good:

Axle geforce gtx550 Ti ($260)
Axle geforce gt520 ($140)
Axle geforce gtx460 ($140)

The gtx 550 cost about twice as much as the 520 and 460...is this brand gud or shud i not even consider it? If they're ok, which wud u pick from this lot?

I'm building around an intel core i5 2500k...thats about as cheap as GPUs get here and I plan to upgrade to a better GPU later, just need something decent to use for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Elias I have a couple questions out of curiosity

is that really how much a 550ti cost?
are all three of those cards sold in the same store?

it just does not make sense that the 550 ti cost so much more compared to the superior gtx 460.

I could not really find any info on axle other than they are a video card maker based out of china.

I also found this review/benchmark they recommended it so take that as some reassurance.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/axle-geforce-gtx-460-ace-review/
How does a gt 520 cost $140? A previous generation gt 420 has more cores and is clocked at a higher speed. A gt 520 should cost $30, a 550ti should cost $120, and a 460 should cost $140. If you are going to spend $260 I don't see why you won't get a gtx 560ti or a radeon 6950.

elias_fj

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Well tourism is our biggest income earner with sugar gone down somewhere 3rd or 4rth....but yeah components are hard to get here and I asked coz I'd neva heard of "Axle" before. I was leaning towards the gtx460, just needed a second opinion. Thanx guys. I got my i5 2500k from NZ and paid FJD$475 for it. To buy it locally would hav cost around FJD$630. Cud do that for the rest but I'll have to wait ages...took me a month to get my CPU....hehe! Anyways thanx again for ur help.

thesnappyfingers

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Elias I have a couple questions out of curiosity

is that really how much a 550ti cost?
are all three of those cards sold in the same store?

it just does not make sense that the 550 ti cost so much more compared to the superior gtx 460.

I could not really find any info on axle other than they are a video card maker based out of china.

I also found this review/benchmark they recommended it so take that as some reassurance.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/axle-geforce-gtx-460-ace-review/

Solution

elias_fj

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

Yes that was really how much it cost and yes all 3 from the same store. The store is pretty inconsistent with its pricing so I'm not surprised. Looking at gtx460 prices in NZ, ithink this ones a steal for $140! And thanx for that link, finalised my choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.