vaughancs

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Got a question. Recently built a computer for my daughter. Got a BSOD with the following message: "Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within allocated time interval". We were only on IE with a couple of pages open such as Pandora, Amazon Kindle, and surfing the web.

Another time we were on Autodesk 3ds Max and it happened again. We built the rig primarily for Graphics and Animation/ Rendering and maybe a little gaming but (due to funds) are in the process of getting a decent graphics card so we are currently using integrated graphics.

I made sure to get a powerful CPU and PSU. The M/B has 4 RAM slots and it is upgradable past 16GB.

We haven't even tampered with OC the CPU and won't until we get a good CPU cooler as the current one is using a stock cooler, so I've done noting to the multiplier that that the M/B provides. CPU temp is 39C, MB is 29C.

Why do you think we are getting this BSOD? Thanks for your advice.

The components are as follows:

CPU: i7 2600K (not overclocking atm)
M/B: Z68 Extreme 4
RAM: 16 GB
Boot Drive: Crucial 60gb SSD
Data Drive: WD Green 1tb
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 800 W
NO Discrete GPU

Generally, this BSOD points to either a bad motherboard, or a bad CPU. Not an easy one to debug either.

In the short term, make sure the CPU is receiving the correct voltages, and run Prime95's Blend test [watch temps] and see if that passes without issue.

vaughancs

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Update: I bit the bullet and bought a new CPU (same everything) and it STILL crashed. So could it be the motherboard? Do you think it might be related to the Integrated Video because it always seems to do it when I am running 3DS Max, or watching streaming video. Thanks,

vaughancs

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012

Update: I bit the bullet and bought a new CPU (same everything) and it STILL crashed. So could it be the motherboard? Do you think it might be related to the Integrated Video because it always seems to do it when I am running 3DS Max, or watching streaming video. Thanks,