Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel i386

Last response: in CPUs
July 12, 2012 6:44:59 PM

I was digging around for awhile and I found some older, perfect condition processors.
I found a few k6's, original Pentiums (from the start of 93' I believe, maybe a little later), AMD5k, and a jewel of it all... an Intel i386 from 1985-86. (Not to mention an unidentifiable proc [has bent pins].)
Do any of these have any value?
They all still work, I know that for fact; no bent pins and they're on some antistatic material in an antistatic bag.
Just have to clean off some thermal paste too.

More about : intel i386

Best solution

a c 188 à CPUs
a b å Intel
July 12, 2012 9:22:13 PM

I have an old Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 in a perfectly good system sitting in a closet at home and I can't even give it away. Unless you find someone who is collecting them you are most likely going to have a hard time getting any value out of them. You could try Ebay but again I think you are going to have a hard time getting anything out of them.
July 12, 2012 9:41:57 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
I have an old Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 in a perfectly good system sitting in a closet at home and I can't even give it away. Unless you find someone who is collecting them you are most likely going to have a hard time getting any value out of them. You could try Ebay but again I think you are going to have a hard time getting anything out of them.

I think i'll probably just keep the i386 for later on down the road when it really is considered an "Antique".
I find myself extremely lucky to even see and own all of these since i'm still young.
Thanks though!
Also, your Core 2 Duo E6400 matches the speed of my mobile Celeron :D 
Socket 775 is still really capable even for being a dead socket.
I wanna work for Intel someday...
m
l
July 12, 2012 10:03:36 PM

Best answer selected by Serrix.
m
l
!