Common Favorites plus all users favorites

Paul

Splendid

I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE, plus,
whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?

thanks much,

Paul

You should be able to do this with a group policy through Active directory..
User configuration - Windows Settings - Internet Explorer Maintenance -
URLs. From here you can configure additional favorites beside whats already
there or you can deside to remove all existing favorites .

--
Kim

> I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
> possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE,
plus,
> whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?
>
> thanks much,
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

The favourites for All the users: C:\Documents and Settings\all users\Favorites
The favourites for a specific user: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Favorites

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73B054F9-C1D8-431C-ABBD-8660470B1738@microsoft.com...
>I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
> possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE, plus,
> whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?
>
> thanks much,
>
> Paul

Paul,

This is not possible. There is no way to establish a Common Favorites + User favorites in XP. Perhaps you'll like this:

Establish a common Links Folder by redirecting the Links folder path in Windows XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/linkshare.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User