Common Favorites plus all users favorites

I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE, plus,
whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?

thanks much,

Paul
3 answers Last reply
More about common favorites users favorites

    You should be able to do this with a group policy through Active directory..
    User configuration - Windows Settings - Internet Explorer Maintenance -
    URLs. From here you can configure additional favorites beside whats already
    there or you can deside to remove all existing favorites .

    --
    Kim

    > I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
    > possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE,
    plus,
    > whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?
    >
    > thanks much,
    >
    > Paul

    Hi Paul,

    The favourites for All the users: C:\Documents and Settings\all users\Favorites
    The favourites for a specific user: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Favorites

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73B054F9-C1D8-431C-ABBD-8660470B1738@microsoft.com...
    >I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
    > possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE, plus,
    > whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?
    >
    > thanks much,
    >
    > Paul

    Paul,

    This is not possible. There is no way to establish a Common Favorites + User favorites in XP. Perhaps you'll like this:

    Establish a common Links Folder by redirecting the Links folder path in Windows XP:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/linkshare.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73B054F9-C1D8-431C-ABBD-8660470B1738@microsoft.com...
    I have a scenario where I have several users using the same system. Is it
    possible for the users to have a common set of Favorites in their IE, plus,
    whatever other ones they decide to add themselves?

    thanks much,

    Paul

Configuration Internet Explorer Favorites Customization Microsoft Windows XP