Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 6750 on 250W PSU

Last response: in Components
July 12, 2012 7:54:05 PM

Hi all,

Hope this isnt the wrong place to post this, but I figured it should go here as its PSU related. Anyways, I have a friend with a really shitty budget of about $175 for a PC upgrade. And what he needs the most right now is a new GPU. He's looking at the 6750, as it seems like a good deal, and the only one his case will actually fit (he has a slim case). Anyways, here's the issue. He has a 250W PSU. The stated requirement for the card is 450W. Will it run without crashing? I'd assume it wouldnt, but I just wanted to make sure. I'm not a huge expert when it comes to PSU's, but apparently the listed power requirements aren't always that accurate, and the parts dont necessarily need as much as listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : radeon 6750 250w psu

a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2012 9:03:06 PM

Requirements are on the high side to take crappy PSUs into account, but running it on a 250W PSU might not work. It all depends on the rest of his system and the quality of that 250W PSU. I'd be worried about the 12V rails. If it doesn't have the required GPU power connector, then it probably shouldn't be used.
m
l
July 13, 2012 6:55:17 PM

I wouldn't if you don't want to damage PSU, graphics card or mobo, i would say at leat 350-400W of a good brand power supply

Hope This Helps
m
l
!