Sign in with
Your question

A quiet CPU cooler for Pentium4?

Last response: in Components
July 12, 2012 8:05:55 PM

Please: Anybody knowing? A CPU Cooler ( QUIET ) for my old Intel 640 P4 FSB800 3,2Ghz S775
There is no living with the original one from Intel! ( It is a so called multi-directional heatsink fan ) But much too noicy!
I have ASUS S775 i954G VGA motherboard.
P5L-VM 1394 = User guide
I would be very happy if anyone can help me!
Ps) do not know if I selected the right sub-category
a c 141 à CPUs
a b å Intel
July 12, 2012 9:59:53 PM

hyper 212+ if you have the room for it.
m
l
July 13, 2012 1:30:36 PM

Really appreciate your fast answer! Thank you!
I read now some reviews on Cooler master Hyper 212+ and some
( here in Sweden ) didn’t find it very Quiet at all unfortunately 
Did some research in my desperation and wonder if Noctua could be the solution?
Don’t know though, if I should choose NH-L12, NH-U12 or NH-C12P???
It is actually only important to pick a very silent one!

m
l
Related resources
July 13, 2012 5:34:12 PM

popatim said:
hyper 212+ if you have the room for it.

Really appreciate your fast answer! Thank you!
I read now some reviews on Cooler master Hyper 212+ and some
( here in Sweden ) didn’t find it very Quiet at all unfortunately 
Did some research in my desperation and wonder if Noctua could be the solution?
Don’t know though, if I should choose NH-L12, NH-U12 or NH-C12P???
It is actually only important to pick a very silent one!
m
l
July 20, 2012 6:24:51 PM

Ok, Cooler master 212 might have enough room, but I think I will first of all do something else.
My Board can also take Core2Duo CPU:s and they don’t get as hot as my single Core Pentium4 + they have only 65W and are much more faster.
After that I’ll have to see what I eventually have to do about another cooler....
:kaola:  So, since nobody else answered, I think I got the solution of my problem, my self :sol: 

m
l
a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 10:49:07 PM

If you can find one cheap and in good shape I know that the Zalman cnps7000 is very quiet unless the case is very poorly ventilated then the board might decide to ramp up the fan speed but it shouldn't be load. Beyond that look for rather large coolers as they are more likely to keep the cpu cool very easily while leaving the fan at a low rpm.
m
l
July 29, 2012 3:22:31 PM

nforce4max said:
If you can find one cheap and in good shape I know that the Zalman cnps7000 is very quiet unless the case is very poorly ventilated then the board might decide to ramp up the fan speed but it shouldn't be load. Beyond that look for rather large coolers as they are more likely to keep the cpu cool very easily while leaving the fan at a low rpm.

Thanks for your advice. I think though my case is NOT especially good ventilated. Besides, on my second PC I have a Zalman cpu-cooler and it’s noisy! http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/frown.gif
I have not received my ordered CPU yet, however I have decided to choose the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro and I hope it will be a satisfying result.
I’ll try to give a report later on!

m
l
!