Sign in with
Your question

She will be mine... she will be mine.....

Last response: in Systems
March 30, 2012 2:05:06 AM

v

More about : mine mine

March 30, 2012 3:03:40 AM

You may have problems with your cooling and power subsystems because of the Apevia case.

It has a top mount PSU rack which are very bad. All the good cases mount the PSU on the bottom.

I would try to ask them to hold the order and choose a different case, the HAF 912.

I seriously seriously seriously think you should do that if you can. Make or break kinda serious. Especially since it isn't on rush so they probably haven't started making it yet.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Not even that bad of a price if you don't want to mess around with stuff yourself.

m
l
March 30, 2012 3:35:45 AM

Raiddinn said:
You may have problems with your cooling and power subsystems because of the Apevia case.

It has a top mount PSU rack which are very bad. All the good cases mount the PSU on the bottom.

I would try to ask them to hold the order and choose a different case, the HAF 912.

I seriously seriously seriously think you should do that if you can. Make or break kinda serious. Especially since it isn't on rush so they probably haven't started making it yet.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Not even that bad of a price if you don't want to mess around with stuff yourself.

lol dang i really love the look of that case, whats the worst possible outcome if i use that case?? and if i want them to put a different case in , would i have to call them or email?
m
l
Related resources
March 30, 2012 3:42:03 AM

Go to this thread

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/340230-31-random-post...

And scroll down about 2/3 of the way till you see the OP ask almost the exact same question. Something about how top mount PSU cases aren't very good.

I wrote a somewhat in depth explanation directly after that.

You should read it in its entirety if you want to know all about how the cooling and power subsystems interact with each other and the impacts they have on each other.

BTW, I would call them on the phone. ASAP.

- Edit - If you want some other decent case options, you can go with any of the NZXT cases, or the Elite 431, or maybe the Carbide 400r.
m
l
March 30, 2012 4:20:33 AM

Raiddinn said:
Go to this thread

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/340230-31-random-post...

And scroll down about 2/3 of the way till you see the OP ask almost the exact same question. Something about how top mount PSU cases aren't very good.

I wrote a somewhat in depth explanation directly after that

You should read it in its entirety if you want to know all about how the cooling and power subsystems interact with each other and the impacts they have on each other.

BTW, I would call them on the phone. ASAP.

- Edit - If you want some other decent case options, you can go with any of the NZXT cases, or the Elite 431, or maybe the Carbide 400r.

what do you think about the Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans... is it better than the HAF 912 ? i like the look and it looks like it can really keep a system cool, if not i'll just go with the HAF 912 and call them asap

m
l
March 30, 2012 4:25:56 AM

looks like i cant call them until 1:30 am here , i'm in hawaii
m
l
March 30, 2012 4:42:33 AM

Moving response from the other thread to this one

If you want to spend $100 extra for the case, go ahead. I don't think you would be getting your money's worth, though.

If you want to pay the extra $100 for just looks, go ahead and get it.

I don't think it will be 3x as good as keeping parts cool as the HAF 912 is, though. To me it would need to be to justify 3x the price, but I don't care much about looks myself, just performance.

The HAF 912 is good with cost vs performance, not so much looks vs performance, or cost vs looks, or stuff like that.
m
l
March 30, 2012 11:17:22 AM

Raiddinn said:
Moving response from the other thread to this one

If you want to spend $100 extra for the case, go ahead. I don't think you would be getting your money's worth, though.

If you want to pay the extra $100 for just looks, go ahead and get it.

I don't think it will be 3x as good as keeping parts cool as the HAF 912 is, though. To me it would need to be to justify 3x the price, but I don't care much about looks myself, just performance.

The HAF 912 is good with cost vs performance, not so much looks vs performance, or cost vs looks, or stuff like that.

would it stay significantly cooler than the HAF 912 ?
m
l
March 30, 2012 12:06:57 PM

Once you get in the $75+ range the conversation goes from cooling to style, noise, and features. With your setup you do not need 'extreme cooling' because it is not a power hungry rig. If you were doing quad SLi with a small army of HDDs then you would need an over-sized case, but with a single GPU and 1-2 HDDs all you need to worry about is:
1) That everything physically fits (which is more the potential issue you could have hit with the apevia case which is a recycled design from the '90s which was a day before over-sized CPU and GPU coolers)
2) Consistent airflow moving from front to back and/or bottom to top without any dead zones where a heat producing part resides.

The HAF series is all pretty good (though not my personal style), the Hurrican is ok but will look very empty with your rig in it (seriously, it is pretty big). If you want a few more suggestions on the 'affordable' end of the spectrum then look into Thermaltake V series (I have the V3, and though a dirt cheap case it has great airflow, and space for my hyper 212 evo, 2 GTX570s, 4 HDDs, and 3x 120mm case fans to keep things moving and quiet), or Cooler Master Elite series, and NZXT makes some good cases as well.
On the more expensive end of things I would look at Corsair (I am personally looking at moving up to the 600T White), Zalman, SilverStone, LianLi, Fractal Design, and of course some of the better Cooler Master (HAF X, and cosmos) and Thermaltake (Level 10) cases.

While I think that the top-mounted PSU argument is a little overblown (there are some perfectly good/acceptable top-mount cases on the market), looking at cases with only bottom mounted PSUs will simply avoid all of the old-style cases that have simply had a new face plate slapped on them.
m
l
March 30, 2012 12:14:23 PM

CaedenV said:
Once you get in the $75+ range the conversation goes from cooling to style, noise, and features. With your setup you do not need 'extreme cooling' because it is not a power hungry rig. If you were doing quad SLi with a small army of HDDs then you would need an over-sized case, but with a single GPU and 1-2 HDDs all you need to worry about is:
1) That everything physically fits (which is more the potential issue you could have hit with the apevia case which is a recycled design from the '90s which was a day before over-sized CPU and GPU coolers)
2) Consistent airflow moving from front to back and/or bottom to top without any dead zones where a heat producing part resides.

The HAF series is all pretty good (though not my personal style), the Hurrican is ok but will look very empty with your rig in it (seriously, it is pretty big). If you want a few more suggestions on the 'affordable' end of the spectrum then look into Thermaltake V series (I have the V3, and though a dirt cheap case it has great airflow, and space for my hyper 212 evo, 2 GTX570s, 4 HDDs, and 3x 120mm case fans to keep things moving and quiet), or Cooler Master Elite series, and NZXT makes some good cases as well.
On the more expensive end of things I would look at Corsair (I am personally looking at moving up to the 600T White), Zalman, SilverStone, LianLi, Fractal Design, and of course some of the better Cooler Master (HAF X, and cosmos) and Thermaltake (Level 10) cases.

While I think that the top-mounted PSU argument is a little overblown (there are some perfectly good/acceptable top-mount cases on the market), looking at cases with only bottom mounted PSUs will simply avoid all of the old-style cases that have simply had a new face plate slapped on them.

very much appreciate the help, i got about an hour before i can call them and change my order... but just for the record, should i DEFINETLY not get the apevia cruiser 2?? (haha i just love the look!) ... will probably end up with the HAF 912, i'm gonna take a look at the ones you suggested though. thanks again ..
m
l
March 30, 2012 12:27:08 PM

I disagree with CaedenV's final point. I don't think anyone with a "gaming" PC should use a top mount PSU. I don't think anyone should, but definitely not a gamer.

The benefits for having a bottom mount PSU are glaringly obvious.

I am of the opinion that you should DEFINITELY not get the Apevia Cruiser 2, regardless of what it looks like.

It isn't my call, but I really don't think you want to sacrifice function for form. My idea is to choose the form you want out of the cases with sufficient function, and that just rules out pretty much all Apevia cases.

CaedenV said there are perfectly acceptable top mount cases on the market... I would like to see one. It would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that a top mount case was worthy of housing PC components in new builds, if it could be done at all.
m
l
March 30, 2012 12:30:50 PM

Raiddinn said:
I disagree with CaedenV's final point. I don't think anyone with a "gaming" PC should use a top mount PSU. I don't think anyone should, but definitely not a gamer.

I am of the opinion that you should DEFINITELY not get the Apevia Cruiser 2, regardless of what it looks like.

It isn't my call, but I really don't think you want to sacrifice function for form. My idea is to choose the form you want out of the cases with sufficient function, and that just rules out pretty much all Apevia cases.

CaedenV said there are perfectly acceptable top mount cases on the market... I would like to see one. It would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that a top mount case was worthy of housing PC components in new builds, if it could be done at all.

ok raiddinn you got me convinced with the bottom mounted psu, its officially been boiled down to 1 or 2 choices for me, the Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case, or the CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced Mid-Tower Gaming Case. which is the better of the 2? thank you so much guys!
m
l
March 30, 2012 12:34:32 PM

If you are no OCing, and using the stock heatsink (or at least a low profile aftermarket heatsink), then you could keep your case and be fine. Just keep an eye on those system temps.
In the link that Raiddinn posted above he explains the argument that hot PSUs die faster than ones kept nice and cool. While your HDD/CPU/ODD/Mobo is not going to produce a significant amount of heat, the 448 core will (which is where the potential issue is as heat moves up). And the fan on that particular model you selected will dump heat into the case instead of blowing it directly out the back like a blower would. So yes, the case may be fine, but just keep an eye on temps, and keep the room cool so that the case can suck in plenty of cool air to keep things nice and frosty (perhaps flip the side panel fan to blow out as it will sit directly over the GPU).
m
l
March 30, 2012 12:58:12 PM

after a little more research looks like the corsair carbide series 400R takes the cake..
m
l
March 30, 2012 1:17:41 PM

Raiddinn said:

I do agree with you for the most part, and I got a bottom mount case before it was 'vogue' for the very reasons you stated in the other thread. But with the average gaming PC lasting 3-5 years it is quite likely that a well maintained computer with a top mount PSU will live long enough to be fine before being replaced. From a practical standpoint, I work at a computer refurbishing company and see 15 year old computers that ran quite hot for a very long time (not hot because of the power produced, but because they did not believe in ventilation at the time) with top mounted PSUs and they still work just fine (lol, as well as they ever worked being 15 years old... they don't make them like they use to... thank God). Bottom mounted cases are clearly better designed, but to say that a well vented case, in a 68-75*f room with low humidity would last significantly longer by having a bottom mounted PSU compared to a top mounted one is a bit (like I said) overblown. The life of the computer has more to do with the quality of the parts and having air exchanged instead of recycled than a 10-20*f difference in temperature.

Again, if there were multiple GPUs, a mess of HDDs, or the OP was a OCer where the potential temperature would be MUCH higher, then I would strongly suggest moving to a different case, but as it is I think the case would work OK even if I would not do it myself.

Still, the ApeVia is the weak link in the build (even from a build quality standpoint as they simply are not that good to begin with), and I personally would not buy this case (though the fireball red one looks pretty sweet lol). Besides, cases last forever (my last one was with me for ~10 years, and I still have it, but I finally 'upgraded' to a better/quieter one), so while the case would be fine for this build, it may limit future builds, which is why I would not get a top mount (also why I would not get a HAF... they look great in an anxty teenager/overclocker/gamer kind of way. But then one day you grow up and realize that clean lines and simplicity just looks nicer :p  but that is just my opinion).

Here are a few I would consider in the sub $150 range, but again, my sense of taste may not be the same as yours:
fractial design: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... (or one of it's variants as there are a bunch that all look the same but have different internal features)
NZXT http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SilverStone http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Thermaltake (the cheap level 10), I would get the snow edition which is oddly not poping up on my search. This is as close to a traditional 'gaming' case I would ever get: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Corsair: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... (The Obsidion is also a good one and on sale)

m
l
March 30, 2012 2:18:01 PM

Some 15 year old computers still work because computers were so slow they made no heat back then. Heat being the number one enemy there was no reason they would degrade quickly.

Things make a lot more heat now than they did in the past and it is more important than ever to have a good case. The way things are going a good case will matter more in the future than it does now.

Also, the #1 problem that people come in here with is that they have a bad PSU. The breakout is kinda like this:

40% = bad PSU
20% = bad RAM
20% = things not plugged in right
10% = bad motherboard
5% = bad hard drive
5% = everything else together

The reason for this is that most people just don't appreciate the most important part in the whole computer and they don't take care of it well enough, ie top mounting it.

The PSU is 95% likely to be the first thing to break in a computer that works for more than a year, for much the same reasons.

The case makes so much difference in the operations that how well it does its basic job shouldn't be underrated.
m
l
March 30, 2012 2:39:08 PM

For that kinda budget shoulda been able to come out with a better vid card, and I dont see an SSD in there. Never buy prebuilts ugh. Shoulda built it yourself, but thats my opinion :) 
m
l
March 30, 2012 3:48:09 PM

Raiddinn said:

40% = bad PSU
20% = bad RAM
20% = things not plugged in right
10% = bad motherboard
5% = bad hard drive
5% = everything else together

I am rather surprised that we do not see more HDD issues, because in my personal life I am always running into people with HDD problems (especially in the fall during the season change), but it really is rare to see one in a forum. I wonder how much of that 40% of PSU issues is due to heat, and how much of it is due to the fact that they bought a piece of junk in the first place like a Visiontek, Kingwin, some Thermaltakes that are know to be crap, Broadway Com, XION, or the old OCZ ones from before they bought out PC Power and Cooling which seems to have cleaned up their act. Or they purchased a case with a single intake fan not realizing that it is simply not enough to let the computer breathe. But the fact is that we will never know because we rarely get the whole picture on a forum. Either way, the PSU is not the place to save money on a computer. It only causes heartache and sorrow.
m
l
March 30, 2012 5:22:25 PM

I have the CORSAIR CARBIDE 400R and couldnt be happier. i have white LED fans and it fits perfectly under my desk. It has plenty of fans and stays cool... my GPU gives me 60 fps on battlefield 3 on high and stays at 67C. The air moves and it stays cool.

My computer is very similar to your build... i have the FRIO... like it! i dont know if you need the gasket or the vibration thingy. i would however recommend the shipping foam. its just insurance against having to RMA the whole damn thing bc some ignorant delivery man tossed it like a football.

lastly, i would not buy the monitor from them. sign up on newegg for their daily saver emails. they have that same monitor on sale once a month at least. i got it for $129.99. i ordered it 10 days after i ordered my cyberpower comp and it came 2 days later. the comp took 3 1/2 weeks... so you have time...
m
l
March 30, 2012 5:47:05 PM

vrumor said:
For that kinda budget shoulda been able to come out with a better vid card, and I dont see an SSD in there. Never buy prebuilts ugh. Shoulda built it yourself, but thats my opinion :) 

well when i call them to change my case , i was thinking about going from the gtx560 ti to the gtx 580 what do you think? is it worth the +$173 ??
m
l
March 30, 2012 6:22:14 PM

or i could always just wait and if i cant run diablo 3 on max settings(the only game i'll play for the next year at least) with just 1 gtx560 ti 448 then i could get another gtx560 and have 2 in SLI ... opinions?
m
l
March 30, 2012 6:35:57 PM

alrighty , just got off the phone with cyberpowerpc and they just cancelled my order so i have a little time now to figure out what i want before the march madness sales end....
m
l
March 30, 2012 6:46:35 PM

If OP has to place the system on carpeted floor, top-mount PSU is not necessarily a bad idea. I keep mine on the desk, although I prefer it to be somewhere obscure, because it is bottom-mount PSU system. Even with this, I found more-than-expected dust inside the case when I cleaned the system about 8 months after I built it. I almost spent a whole can of dust-off.
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:03:04 PM

mustachio27 said:
or i could always just wait and if i cant run diablo 3 on max settings(the only game i'll play for the next year at least) with just 1 gtx560 ti 448 then i could get another gtx560 and have 2 in SLI ... opinions?

Not sure about going nuts with the 580 right now (unless you find one on a good sale), but the 570 is a good step up from the 560ti if you are worried about performance without breaking the bank.
I would avoid the 448 core. I am sure it is a perfectly working product in it's own right, but it is sort of a limited release product and may not have the same long term support as one of the normal cards. Besides, you can often find 570's for less than the 448core which is better anyways.

Keep in mind also that the 670/660/650 will be released over the next few weeks/months if you are not in a rush and should provide significantly more horsepower over their 500 series counterparts. But if you are on a deadline then something in the 560ti-570 range should meet your needs quite well.
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:10:19 PM

The 580 is a whole lot better than a 560 TI is. I would say its probably worth +173 if you don't particularly care about the money.

You would be better off sticking with a single video card, imho.

In my professional experience, I haven't seen very many people with bad hard drives compared to bad PSUs. I have had a hard drive go bad on me, but that was because it was a DVR hard drive that limped along from day 1.

I like my case with filters on the front intakes.
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:22:04 PM

Oh, and the Carbide 400r should be a pretty sweet case. I think you will be happier with it than the original one you had picked.
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:24:56 PM

with my ordered being cancelled, i was gonna just go ahead and build my own pc.... so i just did the math on newegg, without all the parts in the build i have it was already more expensive than having it built on cyberpower so i stopped before i even added the case and a few other minor parts... i dont get it... march madness sales save me that much ?
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:35:02 PM

Raiddinn said:
The 580 is a whole lot better than a 560 TI is. I would say its probably worth +173 if you don't particularly care about the money.

In my professional experience, I haven't seen very many people with bad hard drives compared to bad PSUs. I have had a hard drive go bad on me, but that was because it was a DVR hard drive that limped along from day 1.

Ya, I hear you. Over the last ~14 years I have purchased ~12 HDDs for systems that I directly support (belong to me and my friends/family) and only had 1 fail, and it had issues from day 1 (ironically the only WD I ever purchased). However, every fall I get calls for a bunch of little data recovery projects (simple copy/paste data recovery off of a failing drive as my clientele don't exactly have the means to get professional data recovery done). And I just buy basic simple Seagate drives most of the time. Perhaps it is the difference between buying a Dell/HP/Mac vs building your own and buying an aftermarket drive? Or perhaps it is again the heat issues of having tiny cases with no real airflow to speak of.
The only power supply issues I run into in the real world are with HP desktops and older Dell precision machines (well, that and laptop power connectors, but that is more of a wear-and-tear issue). Not sure why, but they HP must buy crap power supplies, thankfully most of them now follow ATX standard so they are easy to fix. HPs burn out power supplies, and Dells burn out mobo capacitors, you really can't win it seems.
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:39:39 PM

Raiddinn said:

i dont really want to spend the extra for the 580 , i think the 560 ti 448 would handle diablo 3 on max settings with ease... but caedenv stated i shouldnt get the 560ti 448 because its limited.. so should i just go with the gtx 570 , or the gtx 570 evga superclocked.. they're about the same price as the 560 448
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:59:30 PM

Quote:
next time make a thread BEFORE you make purchase.

ya thats why i cancelled my order....

m
l
March 30, 2012 8:08:14 PM

Quote:
so what have you came up with now, what thus far.?

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case [+22]
Laser Engraving: None
Laser Engraving Message:
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564) [+20]
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+66]
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: None
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+3] (Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+261] (EVGA Superclocked [+20])
Freebies: None
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Power Supply Upgrade: * 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply [+139]
Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VS247H-P LCD [+157]
2nd Monitor: None
3rd Monitor: None
Speakers: None
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Mouse Pad: Razer Sphex Gaming Grade Desktop Skins Mouse Pad [+13]
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: None
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: PCI Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card [+19]
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
Video Camera: None
Headset: Connectland™ Stereo Headphone with Microphone [+8]
Printer: None
Cable: None
Power Protection: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB Port: None
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
m
l
March 30, 2012 8:17:57 PM

Quote:
a little less confusing to look at:

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset
Cooling Fan: Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+261] (EVGA Superclocked
Power Supply Upgrade: * 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply
Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive
LCD Monitor: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VS247H-P LCD

you need an SSD in my opinion, true gamers do..

thank you for tidying the system specs :)  , so what do you think of it though?? my main goal is to run diablo 3 on max settings at 60+ fps... i'll be happy if i can do that.
m
l
March 30, 2012 8:29:35 PM

Quote:
I like it except for the HDD configuration and case.
I rather have a SSD and at least one HDD.
and 'just as good' cases for less money.

this was my other choice, what do you think about this case , its about the same price or a little less than the corsair , http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6638
m
l
March 30, 2012 8:46:19 PM

Quote:
very nice alternative, I have used one before..
but that's only a $10 difference.
might as well stay where you are.

hmmm i just read a few ''corsair 400r vs cooler master ii advanced'' threads , and the majority of the people agree on corsair 400r, why would you say its a bad choice?
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:05:23 PM

If you can get the same price for a 570 as a 560 TI 448, then take the 570.

Otherwise, everything seems mostly ironed out at this point.

The Carbide 400R is fine, as I mentioned early on.
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:10:59 PM

Quote:
no, not at all...

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz
MBD: GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3
HSF: Hyper 212+ EVO
RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Corsair Vengeance
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
SSD: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
PWR: Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus
CSE: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower

idk seems like the thermaltake frio OC cooler gets better reviews than the 212 evo check this site for instance, the evo isnt even on there http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:13:30 PM

Raiddinn said:
If you can get the same price for a 570 as a 560 TI 448, then take the 570.

Otherwise, everything seems mostly ironed out at this point.

The Carbide 400R is fine, as I mentioned early on.

this may be a stupid question but should i get the 570 , or the EVGA Superclocked 570.. its only $20 more.. just not sure if i'd have any heat issues with it our what not
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:22:37 PM

so i was just browsing ibuypower for shnits and figgles.. correct me if i'm wrong, but this looks like a better system for almost $300 less.. 1 x Case ( CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case - Black )
0 x Case Lighting ( None )
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( None )
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( None )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7 970 Processor (6x 3.20GHz/12MB L3 Cache) )
0 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( None )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1366] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan )
1 x Memory ( 12 GB [4 GB X3] DDR3-1600 - Corsair or Major Brand - FREE Upgrade to G.Skill Ripjaws )
1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards) )
1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA )
1 x Motherboard ( [SLI] ASUS P6X58-E PRO )
1 x Power Supply ( 750 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-750AX )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
0 x Data Hard Drive ( None )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
0 x 2nd Optical Drive ( None )
0 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( None )
0 x Meter Display ( None )
0 x USB Expansion ( None )
1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
1 x Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit )
1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard )
1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse )
1 x Monitor ( 22" LED 1920x1080 -- ASUS VS228H-P (21.5 viewable) )
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:35:06 PM

so what do you think are the chances of me getting a prebuilt from newegg that rivals the custom from cyberpower i've been tampering with?? i'm just concerned with getting my pc before diablo 3 comes out, if its an extra $50-100 it wont really bother me... was just reading some horror stories on the time its taken people to get their custom builds from cyberpower
m
l
March 30, 2012 10:12:57 PM

Quote:
how about buy the items from newegg and build it yourself.... ;) 

i dont suppose you'd want to help me put somethin together via newegg would ya?? wont blame ya if ya dont ! haha :cry: 
m
l
March 30, 2012 10:50:29 PM

Quote:
how about buy the items from newegg and build it yourself.... ;) 

Sony Optiarc DVD/CD-Rewritable Drive Beige SATA Model AD-7280S-02
Item #: N82E16827118071
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

$24.99

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
Item #: N82E16811139008

$99.99

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822136891

-$10.00 Instant

$139.99
$129.99

ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6" 2ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor

ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6" 2ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
Item #: N82E16824236174
Return Policy: Monitor Standard Return Policy

-$30.00 Instant

$219.99
$189.99

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ...
Item #: N82E16814130595
Return Policy: VGA Replacement Only Return Policy

$15.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$319.99

NVIDIA NVIDIA GTX GEAR UP, GAME ON FOR LIFE sweepstakes coupon

NVIDIA NVIDIA GTX GEAR UP, GAME ON FOR LIFE sweepstakes coupon
Item #: N82E16800999289

-$4.99 Saving

$4.99
$0.00

ASUS Xonar D1 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

Item #: N82E16829132007

-$14.99 Instant
$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$99.99
$85.00

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750 (CMPSU-750AX) 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750 (CMPSU-750AX) 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active ...
Item #: N82E16817139016

-$10.00 Instant
$10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$179.99
$169.99

Rosewill 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card Model RC-505

Item #: N82E16815166026

-$15.00 Instant

$29.99
$14.99

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Item #: N82E16820233144
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy

-$5.00 Instant

$54.99
$49.99

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813128498

-$10.00 Instant

$169.99
$159.99

Intel Core i5-2550K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Without IGP BX80623i52550K

Intel Core i5-2550K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Without IGP BX80623i52550K
Item #: N82E16819115230
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

$229.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
Item #: N82E16832116986
Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy

$99.99

Antec 761345-75026-4 120mm Red LED Case Fan

Antec 761345-75026-4 120mm Red LED Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835209013

$14.99

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking-Ready Intel Core i7 (six-core ready) & i5 Compatible Five 8mm Heatpipes Dual 120mm Fans Intel & AMD Universal CPU Cooler CLP0564 - Retail

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking-Ready Intel Core i7 (six-core ready) & i5 Compatible Five 8mm Heatpipes Dual 120mm Fans Intel ...
Item #: N82E16835106150

$10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$54.99

ok i think i got it all, turns out it is actually $30 cheaper, dont know where i went wrong last time... couple things are different too like the cd/dvd drive, case fan, sound card, built in usb, and 2 TB HD, because they dont tell you what brand on cyberpowerpc.com... could you maybe help me out and let me know if theres something cheaper on those 5 pieces .. everything else i think i got.. or am i missing anything?
m
l
March 30, 2012 11:01:57 PM

Quote:
just got back around.
I'll check out what you got and report back in a few..

i greatly appreciate your help my friend
m
l
March 30, 2012 11:12:40 PM

Quote:
and this unit is primarily for gaming and if so then what else, rank them in order of importance.?

thats all i'm using it for is gaming, pretty much the only game i will be playing for the next year or more is diablo 3 when it comes out in a month or so . i heard its graphically demanding though, not sure if its up there with BF3 but i want to make sure i'll be able to play at 1920x1080 res at a constant 60+ fps ..
m
l
March 30, 2012 11:18:55 PM

Quote:
overclocking I presume.?

dont know how to overclock good sir
m
l
March 30, 2012 11:50:31 PM

Quote:
why are these so important when the motherboard audio is plenty good enough.?
with the case it will give you USB 3.0 support since your motherboard already has USB 3.0 on it, so no need for card.?
and I still say you need SSD..

I say you do not need those and save the money.

ok so i got everything into the cart and the total is $1670 , turns out its def. cheaper than cyberpowerpc.com :)  now i get the SSD i wasnt gonna get before
m
l
March 30, 2012 11:54:31 PM

Quote:
+1

so what exactly does a SSD do for gaming performance?? i've not a clue
m
l
March 31, 2012 12:40:24 AM

Quote:
the SSD is for the OS (operating system and important apps)
you actually still load the games (including Steam) onto the HDD by creating folders.
the SSD dramatically increases load times and overall system performance.

k i'm about to place the order, should be everything eh ?
m
l
March 31, 2012 1:22:59 AM

Quote:
good to go as far as I can see.
I'd love to have this build for my own.. :sol: 

k i hope this gtx 270 superclocked is good enough to max out d3 , here goes nothin!
m
l
March 31, 2012 1:24:02 AM

Quote:
good to go as far as I can see.
I'd love to have this build for my own.. :sol: 

i cant thank you enough for the help my friend, greatly appreciated!
m
l
March 31, 2012 1:34:31 AM

Quote:
enjoy.

and later on down the road you can SLi the GTX 570's.
it will be easy for you since you have the power supply and the motherboard for it..

hmm, one more question, how much of a difference would the gtx 580 be over the 570 superclocked?? or do you think i'll be set runnin D3 with the 570 SC
m
l
!