Color display problems

When I start my computer I have clouds as my background,they are gray and
white, the pictures on the internet ect. are all faded and the colors that
are there are not true. I have tried to set the colors on settings from 16 to
256 and clicked apply but when I restart the computer they are back at 16
colors, I just want my color back! I am a flusterated Granny! Help
2 answers Last reply
More about color display problems

    Go to the website of the video card/computer manufacturer and get the
    latest video drivers.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Granny" <Granny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I start my computer I have clouds as my background,they are
    > gray and
    > white, the pictures on the internet ect. are all faded and the
    > colors that
    > are there are not true. I have tried to set the colors on settings
    > from 16 to
    > 256 and clicked apply but when I restart the computer they are back
    > at 16
    > colors, I just want my color back! I am a flusterated Granny! Help

    Been there, done that and still only have 32 colors. What happened to true
    color?

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > Go to the website of the video card/computer manufacturer and get the
    > latest video drivers.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "Granny" <Granny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I start my computer I have clouds as my background,they are
    > > gray and
    > > white, the pictures on the internet ect. are all faded and the
    > > colors that
    > > are there are not true. I have tried to set the colors on settings
    > > from 16 to
    > > 256 and clicked apply but when I restart the computer they are back
    > > at 16
    > > colors, I just want my color back! I am a flusterated Granny! Help

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP Displays