Sign in with
Your question

Recent (severe)drop in performance in CS:S

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 23, 2012 4:18:37 AM

Hi,
Over the course of the past few months I have had a severe drop in FPS in CS:S and no other games. If in a large pub(44 players) with smoke grenades and flashes being spammed, I could still get 150+ FPS(all high settings). Then suddenly one day I'm only able to hover around 5-20 FPS, and it has been this way ever since.

Only CS:S was affected, all other games function as they always have in the past. I tried lowering all settings to the minimum, and I see no improvement. The only way I can get decent fps is if I were to do a 3 v 3 match.

So does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix this and make it go back to what it was previously? Thank you for reading and any replies I receive.

For reference I have a Acer Aspire 7552G-6061

-AMD Phenom II x4 Mobile Processor N950 (2.1 GHz)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (Up to 2807 MB HyperMemory)
-4 GB DDR3 RAM

And internet connection is definitely not a problem: http://imgur.com/b6QiF
January 23, 2012 7:33:34 AM

Hello and welcome of the forums
Have you done any kind of tweaking with your CPU/GPU(such as OC'ing them) ?
Also,make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed
m
l
January 23, 2012 8:12:07 AM

latest drivers installed
full scan your pc for anything that affects your pf
CCleaner everything
defrag your pc once a month or twice a month
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2012 10:42:26 AM

Put everything at stock speeds (factory speeds), update your drivers (all), Scan for any viruses, clean your computer of junk and trash files (delete them), defrag your PC, Update windows, Re install your game nicely and good luck :D .
m
l
January 24, 2012 6:34:06 AM

No overclocking has been done, everything is at factory speeds. I have scanned my whole computer with both AVG and Spybot. I have deleted and re-downloaded all my drivers. And I have defragged my full computer as well as the specific game's files.

I have redone all these things today, again, and I attempted to play the game. I average 20ish FPS still. Like I said previously, this is odd because this is the only game affected. I have deleted all the files and redownloaded everything again, no changes were made. I'm definitely lost on this one.
m
l
January 24, 2012 9:54:51 AM

Can I ask what do you do before you get this issue to confirm what really happens?
m
l
!