Recent (severe)drop in performance in CS:S

noodlefoo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hi,
Over the course of the past few months I have had a severe drop in FPS in CS:S and no other games. If in a large pub(44 players) with smoke grenades and flashes being spammed, I could still get 150+ FPS(all high settings). Then suddenly one day I'm only able to hover around 5-20 FPS, and it has been this way ever since.

Only CS:S was affected, all other games function as they always have in the past. I tried lowering all settings to the minimum, and I see no improvement. The only way I can get decent fps is if I were to do a 3 v 3 match.

So does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix this and make it go back to what it was previously? Thank you for reading and any replies I receive.

For reference I have a Acer Aspire 7552G-6061

-AMD Phenom II x4 Mobile Processor N950 (2.1 GHz)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (Up to 2807 MB HyperMemory)
-4 GB DDR3 RAM

And internet connection is definitely not a problem: http://imgur.com/b6QiF

noodlefoo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
No overclocking has been done, everything is at factory speeds. I have scanned my whole computer with both AVG and Spybot. I have deleted and re-downloaded all my drivers. And I have defragged my full computer as well as the specific game's files.

I have redone all these things today, again, and I attempted to play the game. I average 20ish FPS still. Like I said previously, this is odd because this is the only game affected. I have deleted all the files and redownloaded everything again, no changes were made. I'm definitely lost on this one.